42055 - Bucket Wheel Excavator

Starkthunder

No early access because it is not an exclusive. You might see it in some B+M shops before then but probably the opposite in Aus.

Yes understood. And it does take a while to arrived in Australia physical stores. we will be lucky to see it on the shelves in November before Xmas.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: also available on Amazon Prime w/2 day shipping.  Cancelled my S&H order, and went via Amazon.  No tax for me, either that way.  The bus isn't the big a deal to me.  I get 3% cash back on Amazon, a better deal than 5% VIP considering no tax.

Edited by diablo2112

On 17 July 2016 at 3:20 PM, Val-E said:

4 hours ago, diablo2112 said:

Good looking kit.  32 bags, numbered 1-8 + motor, battery box, and manual.  Love me my Technic flagships.  Also, the B-model instructions are now up on Lego's site.  The B-model looks super on the back of the box, very tempting to order a second kit for that build

IMG_1221_zpsxrmivuqe.jpg

Man I wish we had a LEGO store. I ordered day one, and mine has just begun the three week journey. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mhd747 said:

Hope no-one bought this set for reselling, or if they did they better have got rid of it.

I've found for most technic sets the only opportunity to make money is if you get early to qfll, get at >50% off, or long term hold after EOL. 

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but what other way of selling any Lego set in the secondary market is there? Besides the 3 ways that you mentioned? 

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but what other way of selling any Lego set in the secondary market is there? Besides the 3 ways that you mentioned? 

Sorry should have been more clear.

There are really only 3 ways to make money like I mentioned. This wasn't a good set to qfll as people started buying this set hoping it would be the next technic porsche. However this does not have the same appeal as the porsche as the only people who would buy it early are the die hard technic fans.

• Like 1

Buying this set at Retail you have many many years to make money, unless you can get 20% coupons and with your 10% Tru Credit Card on Thursday thats  about $80 plus some gift cards, than these will be great investment if we can get them for $180-$200. Now these are not even in Tru stores yet but they are coming.

Buying this set at Retail you have many many years to make money, unless you can get 20% coupons and with your 10% Tru Credit Card on Thursday thats  about $80 plus some gift cards, than these will be great investment if we can get them for $180-$200. Now these are not even in Tru stores yet but they are coming.

My TRU probably won't carry them. They may have had one case of Volvo show up in 2 years.