What did you do today?

Guest brickcrazyhouse

not today but yesterday, I opened my fat mouth to boss that I was looking for new job.  He then in turn informed me that I would be let go as soon as they found a replacement. The race not to be screwed is on.

18 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

not today but yesterday, I opened my fat mouth to boss that I was looking for new job.  He then in turn informed me that I would be let go as soon as they found a replacement. The race not to be screwed is on.

Whoa. That sucks. If you don't mind, what profession are you in? And why in the heck would you tell your boss that? LOL

To add to the thread, I set off my house alarm by accident when I was leaving the house this morning and woke up my wife. I leave early at 5:30am and she doesn't get up until 7am. No bueno.

• Like 2

Guest brickcrazyhouse
1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Whoa. That sucks. If you don't mind, what profession are you in? And why in the heck would you tell your boss that? LOL

I work a energy drink distributor. and why (see complaint thread) I'm dumb. 

28 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

"What did you do today? " ... you sound like my wife!  I come here to get away from this sort of thing. 

hahaha I was thinking the same thing.

But to play along.... I stayed home from work until 1 with my "sick" 6 yr old until my wife came home from her job.

During which time he pestered me, while I was trying to get work done, to help him find pieces to build This.

4 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Moved snow starting at 4 am until late last night and came in again this morning to finish.  We didn't even get the worst of it. 

We're not far away here.  The kids had Monday and today off from school and we only received 3 inches of snow total between the 2 days.  Looking forward to work tomorrow!!  

3 hours ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

That's a bummer man.  Tally that one up to a live and learn situation.  I've been there before with slightly different set of circumstances.  It worked out better for me and I'm betting the same for you.  Good luck

My wife said to me, "what you doing tonight?" I said I was giving my Lego a bath. I got the look.

I said its not all glamour and riches this Lego investing you know. I get the look again.

In all fairness it was a particularly manky Hogwarts 4842, it was in need of a good scrub. It looked like the women I bought it from had been trying to eat multiple Easter eggs, whilst building it. On the bright side it was cheap.

Disclaimer. Kidding aside, my wife likes it really, and is very understanding. It helps that I've got a fella coming over with £450 for some sets tomorrow, so we're gonna have a weekend it Brighton "cough*Lego shop*cough"

Here's an action shot of me cleaning Lego. Enjoy

IMG_2944.JPG

• Like 6

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:31 PM, TheGallows said:

My wife said to me, "what you doing tonight?" I said I was giving my Lego a bath. I got the look.

I said its not all glamour and riches this Lego investing you know. I get the look again.

In all fairness it was a particularly manky Hogwarts 4842, it was in need of a good scrub. It looked like the women I bought it from had been trying to eat multiple Easter eggs, whilst building it. On the bright side it was cheap.

Disclaimer. Kidding aside, my wife likes it really, and is very understanding. It helps that I've got a fella coming over with £450 for some sets tomorrow, so we're gonna have a weekend it Brighton "cough*Lego shop*cough"

Here's an action shot of me cleaning Lego. Enjoy

Nice sleeve. 

On topic, I built some shelves to better organize my storage area and listed a bunch of wal mart clearance.

The other day my cpa informed me there was a 20k discrepency in my books.  So I set out to find out where it was.  Come to find in may 2015 I deposited a check for 24931.  They actually only deposited 4,931.  So today they finally credited my account.  So called cpa and he gave me even better news in that I overpaid for 2015 and that my first quarter 2016 taxes will almost be covered (was able to fully expense some large purchase)!  Although it's money I worked hard for, it felt like I won the lotto.

• Like 9