What did you do today?

My 3 year old puked the bed. Came out of his room hysterical while I was passed out on the middle of the living room floor (bless you Irish whiskey). Chunks of puke everywhere - even on the wall.

Threw $200 worth of linens/rugs/pillows in the garbage and called my wife with a "code red: get home asap".

Then he said he wants to go watch the Lego Batman Movie again, and we fell asleep on the couch.

• Like 1

My 3 year old puked the bed. Came out of his room hysterical while I was passed out on the middle of the living room floor (bless you Irish whiskey). Chunks of puke everywhere - even on the wall.

Threw $200 worth of linens/rugs/pillows in the garbage and called my wife with a "code red: get home asap".

Then he said he wants to go watch the Lego Batman Movie again, and we fell asleep on the couch.

I've sprayed stuff off in the yard in the middle of the night. Never fun!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Threw $200 worth of linens/rugs/pillows in the garbage

Why would you throw it in the garbage??? It's just bodily fluids. You have sex in your bed don't you.... do you throw the linens out after each session? Lots of "hippy" parents use reusable diapers for their babies too, and that's waaaaaaaay gnarlier than puke..... Just chuck it in the wash, or spray it off with the hose then chuck it in the wash. That's $200 you could be investing on Lego my man! Utterly wasteful to bin it! 

• Like 1

Why would you throw it in the garbage??? It's just bodily fluids. You have sex in your bed don't you.... do you throw the linens out after each session? Lots of "hippy" parents use reusable diapers for their babies too, and that's waaaaaaaay gnarlier than puke..... Just chuck it in the wash, or spray it off with the hose then chuck it in the wash. That's $200 you could be investing on Lego my man! Utterly wasteful to bin it! 

No. Just... no. There's literally no amount of money that's worth dealing with the pukey mess in that moment.

Guest TabbyBoy

I went on a very nice and scenic 42-mile bike ride through the snow flurries. I came back to a small mound of intestines and what looks like a stomach on the kitchen floor and I can't find who they belonged to, but I suspect that cats ate the owner! Honest, I did feed the buggers before going out.

Now to start boxing up for tomorrow morning's Post Office run.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I've just exchanged contracts for another flat that I'll be renting out next month. Now to cash in some Bitcoins to pay off the mortgage! I'm loving retirement ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
35 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Getting 2 wisdom teeth pulled out in few minutes. Mouth already numb. Pray for me. 

Good luck. I had mine done last year with no problems at all. Just make sure you use the daily mouthwash to fight off any infection assuming you've been given some. I also took 100mg of Ibuprofen with every meal for a few days after.

Remember, only real men have Wisdom teeth ;-)

1 hour ago, TANV said:

Enjoy the painkillers and the desserts, man. Feel better soon.  Erupted or impacted?

Thanks. Erupted or impacted? Don't know, but they're gone now, lol, picking up painkillers in few minutes from pharmacy. 2 more wisdom teeth to go....

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Good luck. I had mine done last year with no problems at all. Just make sure you use the daily mouthwash to fight off any infection assuming you've been given some. I also took 100mg of Ibuprofen with every meal for a few days after.

Remember, only real men have Wisdom teeth ;-)

Thanks. Yeah, got prescription for ibuprofen and narko (lol) is the other one I think, not looking forward to taking it actually.

real men got those teeth only? Well, 2 are gone, 2 more to go, so I'm half the man I use to be (Hour ago lol). after the last 2 will be removed I ain't a man no more? What will I become? Fruit salad? Lol

Edited by Lordoflego

3 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Going to give up sweets for Lent so I'm stuffing myself with as much chocolate and ice cream as I can. Somebody at work even gave me two of those fundraiser chocolate bars for free!

My understanding is that lent started yesterday; so I hope you didn't stuff yourself today.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rolltide2014 said:

Hit ice on the way to work this morning, hopped the curb, and when I came to a stop I realized my right rear axle sheared off and the wheel was resting against the front passenger door. Waiting to hear if it's going to be a total but fingers crossed as I love that Jeep.

Oh, man!  Hope you're doing okay.  That's pretty intense.

1 hour ago, pete411 said:

I'm not very religious anyways so that's ok lol

A pox on your HEATHEN SOUL! SHAME! SHAME!

But jesting aside, yeah, giving up sweets is tough. I planned on doing that yesterday and I realized I ate a bag of gummi bears an hour before. 

Well, that escalated...

Oh, man!  Hope you're doing okay.  That's pretty intense.

Thankfully the wife and I are fine; a little bit stiff and sore as the day goes on but that's all so far. Initial estimate is looking like $1,700 and with a $1,000 deductible I'm trying to decide whether to file the claim or not. Looks like all those Star Wars Funko Pops I've been planning on selling and reinvesting in Lego will probably be allocated elsewhere lol

1 hour ago, emazers said:

Went To See the Movie Logan in IMAX, If you are a Superhero or Wolferine fan you must see it, Its a Brutal, Bloody,gore Action Movie and it deserves the R Rating. A Great ending for Hugh Jackman as the Wolferine.   Score 9/10      Ed

It is refreshing to have some non Disney-fied super hero movies.  I really dig most of the X-men movies and am glad Disney doesn't have the rights to them.