What did you do today?

Bought a flat pack bookcase and seeing as though I'd skimped on the gym sesh had the great idea to carry it home (you know for the exercise...).

3 mile trip, 2m long and 25kg... don't know what I was thinking  .... ohhh yeah..... then built that bad boy this afternoon .

Sesh? Sheesh...

• 3 weeks later...

Garage sale the last two days.  The garage sale went ok, but in between customers I finally built the Avenger's Tower yesterday and today I parted out 2x 75103s for ebay and prepped/packed an FBA shipment.  Now if only people will buy the bigger items to clear me out some space in my garage...

• 3 weeks later...

Took my wife, for our 17th wedding anniversary, to see Bryan Adams in concert. I had managed to snag 2nd row tickets when they went on sale a couple months ago.

Fantastic concert. Really great.

Before the concert, they were doing a charity fundraiser for Shriner's Hospital, a charity near and dear to our own hearts. Buy his album (which we already had) and get entered to win a meet and great.

Yeah, we won.

My wife has been a fan of his for 30 years. We've been hitting his concerts in town the last five or six years. Needless to say, she's on cloud 9. Picture and autograph. Lots of fun.

• Like 8

I looked through a box of stuff I had saved and my parents gave me a few months back... Some good stuff and some head scratchers.5786fba747d28_ImageUploadedByBrickpicker

Yup, I saved my dot matrix software and manuals for some reason. I read the boys some Calvin and Hobbes tonight before bed... Some of it is NOT kid appropriate. :)

5786fbf80bae3_ImageUploadedByBrickpicker

Apparently I saved my first year uni calculus text book.

• Like 3

I had two of those Calc books. Bought one brand new my freshman year and sold it before I realized I would need it for two more semesters. Bought a second one used. Doh!

I looked at it a little bit after posting that... I don't think that is first year calculus. I took the first three classes of calc in university and I think his book was from the third one. Multivariable calculus was not my favorite subject! I kind of wish I had saved the first book instead!

5 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I looked at it a little bit after posting that... I don't think that is first year calculus. I took the first three classes of calc in university and I think his book was from the third one. Multivariable calculus was not my favorite subject! I kind of wish I had saved the first book instead!

Nerd here, I only needed Intro to Calculus for my MIS degree, but ended up taking Calc 1 & 2, Chemistry 1 & 2, and several History classes as electives.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to skip Calc I, but I vividly remember that cover for Calc II and III, at least at my University in the states.

Calc III was brutal. Diff Eq was a blur. I'm getting a headache just recalling some of this.
  • Like 2

I was lucky enough to skip Calc I, but I vividly remember that cover for Calc II and III, at least at my University in the states.

Calc III was brutal. Diff Eq was a blur. I'm getting a headache just recalling some of this.

I'd prefer to get drunk instead of remembering calc 2a (that's what we called it) and I'm not much of a drinker.

I much preferred linear algebra, discrete math and my computer courses like graph theory, computer graphics and advanced algorithms.

My electives in first year were English (gross) and Physical Geography (one of my fav classes of all).

Yeah, I'm a nerd and I love LEGO.
  • Like 2

I went to Walmart this morning that was showing $25 tydiriums and couple other equally awesome deals (with isle locations) but I didnt find anything, then I stopped at two different Five Below stores to get some awesome dimension fun packs for $5 but all they had was ninjago and the-movie ones so I passed, stopped at a TRU store but I didn't find anything interesting there either, grocery store was next....now it's barbecue time!!!!!

• Like 2

Guest brickcrazyhouse

This morning one of my cats (pic 1) gave me this (pic2). And at work I dropped my phone (pic3).  Amazingly it was still a good day. 

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

• 3 weeks later...