What did you do today?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, more like what have I been doing this weekend and what will I be doing tomorrow.

Massive rain for SoCal this weekend. We need it just not all at once.

Had to stay home Friday to avoid flooding in the backyard. Turns out they sent us home 4 hours early anyway. Here's a pic from where I work:

c61d671babece9dc7b5cf7f3367bd6d1.jpg

Friday and today I managed the flooding in my backyard. A couple years ago i bought a small pump. Love that thing. Works wonders in a small amount of time. Doesn't help when it rains harder/faster than the pump can work though. It's going to rain hard all night, and damn the neighbors, I will probably have to run it a bit.

This is what the yard looks like:

353d6137448b4561dc8ba8c7f8cbd44d.jpg

41d2d1a7ef2e1d5a6c64eef6087e62df.jpg

59cec9da6edf97676e10a75c216a5057.jpg

c5c651b6cdf11f94f5712c34b8ba55b2.jpg

Of course pot holes are opening up everywhere. This one is not too far from us:

1b881367dff01d7eefa037ebe86c6298.png

To top it off, I just got a phone call from my daughter's school - the entire district is closed for a "Rain Day." Only in SoCal!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Oh to add, I'm to either telework or arrive at least 2 hours late tomorrow because of weather. Guess I'm teleworking.

That's crazy man!  Now your reservoirs went from almost empty to too full.  Good luck and try to stay dry.  Lots of rain here too, but not that much.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, exciter1 said:

That's crazy man!  Now your reservoirs went from almost empty to too full.  Good luck and try to stay dry.  Lots of rain here too, but not that much.

Interestingly enough, hardly any rain here a few hundred miles away from you. Nice balmy weather though, for the time of year - been in the sixties the last few days, but will drop back to more seasonal temperatures over the next few days I heard ...

Interestingly enough, hardly any rain here a few hundred miles away from you. Nice balmy weather though, for the time of year - been in the sixties the last few days, but will drop back to more seasonal temperatures over the next few days I heard ...

Yep, it's been consistently off and on for a couple weeks. I'm sure the river is up for you guys down there too.

We got hit with some really heavy rain last night but made it through without any significant flooding. Woke up to pretty much what you saw in the pics. 45 minutes with the pump on and it's gone again.

I've been switched from telework to admin leave now. The area that I work in is completely flooded and there's only one way in or out (as opposed to two). So they don't even want us trying to come in. Guess I'll do some building today!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

We got hit with some really heavy rain last night but made it through without any significant flooding. Woke up to pretty much what you saw in the pics. 45 minutes with the pump on and it's gone again.

I've been switched from telework to admin leave now. The area that I work in is completely flooded and there's only one way in or out (as opposed to two). So they don't even want us trying to come in. Guess I'll do some building today!

My suggestion, build this:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4

Of course CAPOUSD couldn't take a day off, you guys down south are lucky. Flood water everywhere up here, passed a flipped car on the way home yesterday from Long Beach. My backyard is flooded as well, and water is slowly seeping into the family room. 

Mentioned to my teacher that SDUSD got the day off, his response: "piffffff, bunch of sissy's down there"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...