Be careful about AWD deals recently

yang

Recently I had two bad experience with AWD (Amazon warehouse deals).

One was a 10242, condition said: used-very good. It came without original box, just a bunch of bags and instruction books inside Amazon box. Then I found one bag was missing. Called Amazon, got refund.

The other one was worse, it was 75105. Condition said used-like new. It came with original box, the seals were off. I opened the box, immediately found some bags were open, and then I realized all the mini figures were missing. The rest looked okay though. Called Amazon, got 10% off. Then I started to build, I almost completed the ship until bag 9. I realized that bag 9 was also missing, and I was left with some duplicate pieces. See picture. Now it has to be returned.

I have to give Amazon customer service credits though, every time I called them, the representatives were very nice and understandable. However, I am kind of tired of calling them with so many issues. I realized that the 15% discount or so I got on AWD is just not worth it anymore.

Has AWD been this bad? Or it is just my bad luck?

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Never bought on AWD, so I can't answer your question. But, to me, 10% off does not seem fair compensation for no minifigs... just sayin'.

Thanks for the advice, will keep that in mind.

To me, I did not care about minifigs too much as long as I can build the ship. Now I have to return it anyway.

• Like 2

This does happen some with AWD, but I'd say you are a bit unlucky from my experiences. They claim to verify the contents, but I doubt those people putting the stickers on the box are paid enough to do any deep research into f the sets are complete.  And most probably have no idea what should be in a box anyway.  

I've bought a lot from AWD and almost all have turned out well.  Many have been opened or damaged boxes, but have sealed and the proper number of bags. I've had a couple sets with damaged plates, but have just gotten those pieces replaced through Lego.  The worst I had was a UCS Slave 1 which had clearly been assembled by someone and then sealed the pieces into a single plastic bag.  I returned that one right away.  Amazon is easy enough to deal with that I don't shy away from pulling the trigger when something I want pops up. 

1 hour ago, Jondog21 said:

This does happen some with AWD, but I'd say you are a bit unlucky from my experiences. They claim to verify the contents, but I doubt those people putting the stickers on the box are paid enough to do any deep research into f the sets are complete.  And most probably have no idea what should be in a box anyway.  

I've bought a lot from AWD and almost all have turned out well.  Many have been opened or damaged boxes, but have sealed and the proper number of bags. I've had a couple sets with damaged plates, but have just gotten those pieces replaced through Lego.  The worst I had was a UCS Slave 1 which had clearly been assembled by someone and then sealed the pieces into a single plastic bag.  I returned that one right away.  Amazon is easy enough to deal with that I don't shy away from pulling the trigger when something I want pops up. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.