Fantasy Baseball 2016

Huskers1236

I am trying to help organize a draft day that works for everyone, we can decide the actual date & time after we establish a day.

Everyone please reply and I will collect all the data here, please convert your working hours into eastern time zone so this is somewhat easy & organized. 

If I need to make any corrections, please let me know, so far this is what I have gathered:

@Deanfjr: available Mon & Fri --- note: works 3pm-11pm (est)

@wsuskee: available Sun & Mon --- note: works 8pm-3am (est)

@Sfcommando14: available Sat & Sun or weekday evenings --- note: works 8:30pm-5:30pm (est)

@stoltzjl77: prefers weekend evening, but will adjust to group (thank you for being flexible) 

@Huskers1236: available Sunday or possibly Monday

@Miavia7: any date is fine. Weekday nights weekend anytime

@meowsmeowsmeows: schedule is pretty flexible and can do a draft just about any day or time

@loki1244: Sunday is best --- note: Fri & Sat night could work as well 

**Updated** 

Sunday seems to be best for the 7/8 managers that replied so far, except for me :cry:I do work Sunday 3pm-11pm (est)

Would a Sunday morning draft work for everyone? 

Edited by Deanfjr

I think Sunday morning had been talked about and wasn't very favorable for a few that attend church.  We attend church but I can always go on Saturday evening to make it work.  Easter weekend won't work for many, I'm sure.  Myself included.  I'm good about any evening, though my son has baseball practice.  The wife can take him for once, though.  All in all, I'm pretty flexible as I work M-F from 6:30a-3:30p.  Even then, I'm pretty much my own boss so if I needed to do something else I can.

Sunday mornings are not an option for me. I teach Sunday school and even if I didn't, I'm not skipping church for a fantasy baseball draft. Like I said, if Sunday morning works for everybody but me it's cool and I'll just drop out, no biggie (as long as I get my $75 back).

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't gotten a whole lot of feedback yet on Monday the 28th draft date working for everybody.  We need to make sure this is going to work and that someone isn't backing out at the last minute messing up the league for everyone else.  2 weeks away now so let's get this nailed down. 

I would suggest going to the league site on ESPN and nosing around a little.  Check out the categories and do some mock drafting for 12 team leagues.  It will help you a bunch.  Everybody should probably do a check to make sure they have all necessary updates to their computers to do the draft.  Pretty sure ESPN has something to see if you are compatible which basically means you're up to date on your Java or Adobe or whatever. I'm not a computer guy.  Looking forward to it, only 12 days away. 

Having said that, with only 12 teams we will have 4 playoff teams.  We can do the 2 week playoff schedule if you guys think that would be cool and take out some luck in the playoffs.  Totally up to you.  I know @stoltzjl77 was asking for it awhile ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you guys want to get a league going, that is fine.  I'm just not going to have the time and had seen no interest yet so I've somewhat forgotten about it.  I should have posted something awhile ago.  A few members had dropped out of our league so I was assuming they went elsewhere.  If you want to head something up I can probably still get you emails from last year to contact folks or get you the member list to send out a mass pm to see if there is interest.

I'd be open to organizing if we can get enough interest. I'd think a minimum of 10 with a preference of 12 or 14. If there is no interest I will start posting photos of my kids building last years prizes to remind everyone of my stunning come from behind victories last year.

• 1 year later...