New Harry Potter Book

lostontheverglow

My son who is 8, got hooked on Harry Potter since visiting Universal Studios in Orlando, he has watched all the movies, read the books, and I started buying him the harry potter lego sets.  I started buying rarer sets either 100% complete or sealed sets like Shrieking Shack, Hungarian Horntail, Drumstrang Ship, etc besides the usual Diagon Alley and Harry Potter Castles like 4842, and the rarer 5378 and 4757 castles.  There are still a lot of HP collectors out there.  This should drum up more interest.  Universal Studios is opening up Harry Potter Land in Los Angeles in April so that will also open up new fans.

It's funny how Rowling said there would never be another Harry Potter book but now we are getting a new movie franchise based on the HP world and a new book featuring Potter. Just goes to show you that money talks and everyone has their price, even multi millionaires. Not hating on her, just think it's interesting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jbacunn said:

It's funny how Rowling said there would never be another Harry Potter book but now we are getting a new movie franchise based on the HP world and a new book featuring Potter. Just goes to show you that money talks and everyone has their price, even multi millionaires. Not hating on her, just think it's interesting.

I like to be optimistic on this one and think that it's actually not about the money for her. If you take a look at her as a person and her history with how she handles money, it points to her not being a sell out. I actually don't remember if she said "never". I think she mentioned it was very unlikely she'd ever write another HP book. Given the fact that she stated this after finishing a series that she wrote over 10 years, I could see perfectly well why she might say something of that nature back then.

But money-wise, she is a very philanthropic person. She pledged to donate all profits of a future HP encyclopedia to charity (although this book hasn't been written yet). She is also the first person on Forbes list of billionaires to lose her billionaire status due to charitable giving.

I think/hope that she's just as in love with her creation of the HP universe, and that's what drives her to continue her work in the area. Like you said, everyone has their price. She is still immensely wealthy and could of course donate more money. But I just think there's a little bit more to it for her than that.

Anyways, all the new HP related stuff coming out is great I think and could help boost sales. New movies..new HP land. :)

• Like 2

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but there will be a Harry Potter (Universe) film this year

2016 Nov-18    Fantastic Beasts
2018 Nov-11    Harry Potter 2
2020 Nov-20    Harry Potter 3 

be stunned if we don't get sets for the Christmas market. 

9 hours ago, lostontheverglow said:

I like to be optimistic on this one and think that it's actually not about the money for her. If you take a look at her as a person and her history with how she handles money, it points to her not being a sell out. I actually don't remember if she said "never". I think she mentioned it was very unlikely she'd ever write another HP book. Given the fact that she stated this after finishing a series that she wrote over 10 years, I could see perfectly well why she might say something of that nature back then.

But money-wise, she is a very philanthropic person. She pledged to donate all profits of a future HP encyclopedia to charity (although this book hasn't been written yet). She is also the first person on Forbes list of billionaires to lose her billionaire status due to charitable giving.

I think/hope that she's just as in love with her creation of the HP universe, and that's what drives her to continue her work in the area. Like you said, everyone has their price. She is still immensely wealthy and could of course donate more money. But I just think there's a little bit more to it for her than that.

Anyways, all the new HP related stuff coming out is great I think and could help boost sales. New movies..new HP land. :)

She did tell Daniel Radcliffe that there would never be another Potter book. At least according to him. I tend to agree with you with respect to the novel. I think it's likely she got another idea and wanted to continue the story because she loves the characters and knows the fans want more. In terms of the new movie, in all honesty this seems like a cash grab. I don't blame her. If a movie studio offered me millions to take a short story I wrote and turn it into a movie I would do it in a second. And if she is doing good things with that money then more power to her. 

• Like 1