LEGO REVIEW: Star Wars Slave I UCS #75060

Roy vd M.

Thanks for this excellent review and all the efforts you put into taking nice photos and writing the text that was pleasant and interesting to read!

I had already looked at the Slave-1 as the first Star Wars UCS set I want to build for myself, and this review convinced me completely that the Slave-1 is the best currently available UCS set and simply a must-have for any Lego collector.

Devoting my spare funds to acquiring more Slave-1 boxes will be a priority for me! :) 

• Like 1

I can confirm what most everyone has said.  This set is absolutely just beyond fantastic.  I took it into work not too long after finishing it to display it, and it got so many compliments and just curiosity as to how it's Lego.  It really is a big heavy set, and it hits the proportions and details so well.

Like I've said in another thread, this along with the Imperial Shuttle, are among the top sets I've ever owned from Lego.  Absolutely buy this set, and I have no doubt, that even if heavily hoarded, this set will be a set that can command high prices.  There are/will be enough rabid Boba Fett fans that will want this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Calli said:

I love it.

3 hours ago, loki221978 said:

awesome review, im sure that this will be in even more demand if it appears in rogue-1

2 hours ago, binici said:

Nice! I have three and debating to build one. After reading the conclusion and some comments, I feel that I can afford to build one! :P

1 hour ago, crimson773 said:

This makes me almost want to open mine up.

19 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Great job on the article. It really sounds like a very solid set.

18 hours ago, randrace said:

Thanks for the detailed review and the great build pics!

16 hours ago, markhan said:

Well done!

7 hours ago, Chillreign said:

Now I need that thing more than ever... thank for that my dear Roy ;)

A real good review! Enjoyed it!

Thank you guys for taking the time, if only a few seconds, to comment on this blog. I know it took me a lot of time to write it (much longer than I anticipated) and it's really nice to read your enthusiasm. 

19 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Wow, another fantastic review Roy, really enjoyed reviewing this.  You are making me eye up my box of this and build it for my office.  "oh the torture" :)  Maybe I will just grab one of Ed's, he will never know. AHAHAHAHAHA :devil:

It's a good idea to take one of Ed's. Even if he did find out, he'd probably forgive you if you offered him that you take it apart and have Ed do a rebuilt. Question is, which sticker option will you choose?

(By the way I added a fifth option (simply don't apply the stickers) following up a comment on Reddit.)

16 hours ago, getitaway said:

Thanks for the great review! I've been hearing mixed reviews on this set (most have been positive,) and this review is making me want it. I'll most likely pick it up in March during double VIP points.

Double VIP points would be an excellent opportunity to get one. Even if it's out of stock then (it has been moving in and out of stock during the last couple of weeks, see this availability overview) you'll be able to order one and it will be shipped later. 

15 hours ago, Deadfraggle said:

I really love detailed breakdowns/builds like this, and your's certainly doesn't disappoint. Thanks for the time you spent on this project and the job well done!

Thanks I always try to be less specific, detailed and elaborate but just can't do that somehow. I was somehow a bit anxious few people would read the blog because it has so many pictures and a lot of text, but fortunately there roam some long-readers on this board. 

8 hours ago, Haay said:

Thanks for this excellent review and all the efforts you put into taking nice photos and writing the text that was pleasant and interesting to read!

I had already looked at the Slave-1 as the first Star Wars UCS set I want to build for myself, and this review convinced me completely that the Slave-1 is the best currently available UCS set and simply a must-have for any Lego collector.

Devoting my spare funds to acquiring more Slave-1 boxes will be a priority for me! :) 

Blog mission accomplished! Very nice to get this feedback. 

8 hours ago, lukiepete said:

I put this together a few months ago. This might be the first set that I have put together and find myself wanting to take it apart... just to put it back together again. The build was THAT enjoyable for me! 

I recognize that sensation. Probably I'll do the same in a few months.  

8 hours ago, Brenner said:

Fantastic review Roy, a great read....absolutely magnificent. Very nice pictures as well. Thanks for sharing! And I must say...Boba Fett looks so cool!

Thanks Brenner. I forgot to mention that the review format was borrowed from @thoroakenfelder. Also he gave me some useful advice on the contents of this blog. I'm proud to have written a review in the Star Wars series. To all who read this: don't forget to take a look at these Star Wars review blogs:

• #75060 Slave I (click here)
  • #75078 Imperial Troop Transport (click here)
  • #75085 Hailfire Droid (click here)
  • #75087 Anakin's Starfighter (click here)
  • #75092 Naboo Starfighter (click here)
  • #75094 Shuttle Tyderium (click here)
  • #75100 Snowspeeder (click here)
  • #75101 Tie Fighter (click here)
  • #75102 Poe's X-Wing Fighter (click here)
  • #75103 First Order Transporter (click here)
  • #75109 Obi-Wan Kenobi action figure (click here)
  • #75131 Resistance Trooper Battle Pack (click here)
  • #75132 First Order Battle Back (click here)
  • #75139 Battle on Takodana (click here)
  • #75141 Resistance Troop Transporter (click here)

Loads of information available, including opinions from an investment point of view. 

Regarding the Boba Fett figure, I agree it was very impressively done with prints on arms and all. 

6 hours ago, citymorgue said:

I can confirm what most everyone has said.  This set is absolutely just beyond fantastic.  I took it into work not too long after finishing it to display it, and it got so many compliments and just curiosity as to how it's Lego.  It really is a big heavy set, and it hits the proportions and details so well.

Like I've said in another thread, this along with the Imperial Shuttle, are among the top sets I've ever owned from Lego.  Absolutely buy this set, and I have no doubt, that even if heavily hoarded, this set will be a set that can command high prices.  There are/will be enough rabid Boba Fett fans that will want this.

Thanks for writing down your experience and opinion. I fully agree! 

3 hours ago, rmendol1 said:

Bought it the other day... Had purchased R5 right after XMAS knowing it was EOL and was going to wait on Slave 1 but couldn't wait any longer as it just looks awesome in every picture and review I've seen. 

Thanks for the review, very thorough! 

Lol can imagine you couldn't wait. Same here... at one point I just thought "I'll just get this thing". 

53 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Excellent review. Thanks for writing it up.

My 6 yr old has had his eye on this set since day 1 and I've said its not for little boys. ;-) That doesn't mean daddy can't have one.

I too favor this set over the Tie Fighter.

Actually you can do what I did (ok not a 6 year old but my girlfriend). I built one half of the base sidewalls, admired what just happened, then let my girlfriend do the other half. Saved myself some repetitive building and got to see her reaction. ("huh? where does this now go?") priceless :) You can do the same with one wing and one side plating part. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...