60133 - City Advent Calendar 2016

TheOrcKing

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
57 minutes ago, mrChrister said:

Found a offer on alot (50+) of these at £7.5($9.4) /each  - bad investment or can sell good for next christmas or quick flip ? i see other "old" advent calendars dont seem to sell good.   

Where is this? I'd take the lot if it's in the UK and mint. 2015 ones are fetching £25 right now. Of course, it's too late to flip this year unless you take the sleigh out tonight!

Hi 

Its in Norway , and brand new/mint. 
Its with free shipping to, ill ponder a day more, as if i just get £15+ next christmas ill double the investment, but also, maybee the money can have "better" returns elswhere(read: if wife finds out lol). 

Edit: just orderd 12pcs, and still show 50+ in stock , tempted to loan @3% interest  to buy the lot lol. 

Edited by mrChrister

1 hour ago, mrChrister said:

Hi 

Its with free shipping to, ill ponder a day more, as if i just get £15+ next christmas ill double the investment, but also, maybee the money can have "better" returns elswhere(read: if wife finds out lol). 

Edit: just orderd 12pcs, and still show 50+ in stock , tempted to loan @3% interest  to buy the lot lol. 

Do not take a loan out to invest in lego, try to use money which is surplus to requirement, as if you use loan and doesn't work out you'll just end up in debt 

• Like 2

Ofcource its tempting to take a loan to next xmas -  if loan 1000now, have to pay 1030 in 12months, but with the possible return of +100% or more, also i can just pay of the loan in 15 days when get salary, then its just +0.25% on the cost,    
I meen a little like, it feels so nice, if buy something , and can turn a profit within a year or two, unless my kid goes crazy and find my lego lot when im traveling etc lol. 

7 minutes ago, mrChrister said:

Ofcource its tempting to take a loan to next xmas -  if loan 1000now, have to pay 1030 in 12months, but with the possible return of +100% or more, also i can just pay of the loan in 15 days when get salary, then its just +0.25% on the cost,    
I meen a little like, it feels so nice, if buy something , and can turn a profit within a year or two, unless my kid goes crazy and find my lego lot when im traveling etc lol. 

Here's a word of advice: never take out a loan for buying stuff you don't really need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrChrister said:

Hi 

12 pcs sound great, Don't over do it in one item when you're just starting out. 

Try and spread your inventory over different sets & themes. 

Don't listen to Val-E. 

68dc626ffa1efa2d3a56bda51bbb2a40d6464de9c0218e8d6fdaf81e2d467ba7.jpg

Edit 1: umm how long to get of the moderation for posts, understand this is a spam prevention. 

Edit 2: About the loan, its not its a bad loan, and i dont feel like it  is i play the lottery (as its 99.99999% chance to make a profit), as the loan is minimal interest, and i worst case i break even in a year or two on it. But 100% agreed no loan if you cant afford it. at the same time feel like "want to" , like the people that play lotto, if they have even 1$ in debt on anything, should not play, and if have a net fortune of 1$+ still should not play, cause if in $+ the sky is the limit. (and no house and car is not an asset, as everybody need a place to live, and a car cost money to keep.) 

my english isnt so good, but i meen like last 10yrs i taken loans at occasions to form companies @ 3-8% interest, even a few have been bad, most is still going and generating profits, but rarely over 30%/year , now looking at a minor investment, slim chance of loosing anything, good chance on decent return (+50%/year-labour) etc. 

Anyway first order in, and will probably order more on Monday lol. 

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

And certainly not when it´s to buy Lego for investment purposes in 2016/17. Good rate of interest on the loan, though!

Interest is good, as it is a flexible loan on a spare house, thats rented out lol. 

6 minutes ago, BP said:

12 pcs sound great, Don't over do it in one item when you're just starting out. 

Try and spread your inventory over different sets & themes. 

Don't listen to Val-E. 

68dc626ffa1efa2d3a56bda51bbb2a40d6464de9c0218e8d6fdaf81e2d467ba7.jpg

Good advise, i will keep from ordering more, 12pcs + some i have from earlier will do. 
will look for other deals :) 
How come "Don't listen to Val-E. "  is something i read in lot of other posts to, hehe.