31053 - Treehouse Adventures

TheOrcKing

Interesting pieces but this set is a mess, unappealing design.

I think kids will not be interesting in this set, nor their parents, but AFOLs may be. I don't see how it could be nicely incoporated in a city/creator lego town.

Hard to say it will be a worthy investment. I would pass.

Note: set 31010 was unrealistic but was better looking IMO (cuter) and fits better in a city/creator town (especially side by side with the 31012 family house)

31010-1.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, biniou said:

Note: set 31010 was unrealistic but was better looking IMO (cuter) and fits better in a city/creator town (especially side by side with the 31012 family house)

In my opinion 31010 just looks boring whereas 31053 has a unique design. While both treehouses may be unrealistic I prefer 31053 to 31010 because it takes the absence of realism to a whole new level.

For me this one feels more realistic in the sense of being a tad haphazard and slapped together as any kid with a hammer & some wood could probably achieve. Plus the alternates are more interesting even if they simply are different sorts of tree houses. I have built the prior Treehouse (31010) to all the included designs and while generally good, they can seem 'too clean & perfect' compared to most tree houses. Admittedly I was taken back upon first viewing as "another tree house already?" but this one with its playful features and siblings has won me over.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

For me this one feels more realistic in the sense of being a tad haphazard and slapped together as any kid with a hammer & some wood could probably achieve. Plus the alternates are more interesting even if they simply are different sorts of tree houses. I have built the prior Treehouse (31010) to all the included designs and while generally good, they can seem 'too clean & perfect' compared to most tree houses. Admittedly I was taken back upon first viewing as "another tree house already?" but this one with its playful features and siblings has won me over.

This 100%. To me, 31010 looks too much like 31012 Family House.  It is like the parents hired a contractor to build a treehouse for their kid :P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

To me, 31010 looks too much like 31012 Family House.  It is like the parents hired a contractor to build a treehouse for their kid

Perhaps in that way, the Treehouse and Family House make nice companion pieces which compliment each other very well. For all we know the designer behind the Family House also worked on or influenced the Treehouse or maybe even the two designs ended up influencing each other as the process went along.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm interested in everyone's opinion on Treehouse Adventures #31053, I personally think that it is an awesome set. From an investment standpoint I haven't seen it discounted much besides Kmart having it between $27-29 off and on over the past few months, and the rare Walmart that marked it down to $25.00 and was snapped up immediately. Its been $31 on WM and Target.com with little change over the past few months as well.

I don't usually go deep into Creator sets, but I personally have a really good feeling about this one. I'm nabbing every one I can at $13-$16 by coupon stacking at Kmart for store pickup (It's OOS for shipping now)

What are your thoughts? Sleeper, or just another brick in the wall?

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 6.36.59 PM.png

I think it's a great looking set, looks like a lot of fun. But I've been hesitant with Creator sets. I feel like there's no way of finding it later, so no demand. For example, I had no idea they released a treehouse 2 years ago. Never thought to check. Not sure where to find that info, except here but the general public doesn't come here (yet). I assume most shoppers are the same.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, donbee said:

I think it's a great looking set, looks like a lot of fun. But I've been hesitant with Creator sets. I feel like there's no way of finding it later, so no demand. For example, I had no idea they released a treehouse 2 years ago. Never thought to check. Not sure where to find that info, except here but the general public doesn't come here (yet). I assume most shoppers are the same.

Good point. How do you look for something you don't know even exists. With Star Wars sets people search for the vehicle name and find sets with the matching name, even if they've been retired 5-10 years ago. But with Creator 3-in-1 sets ... A few months after a set has retired most people have already forgotten it existed and it's off the radar.

• Like 1