75148 - Encounter on Jakku

HandyHand

Description from this set as found on Brickset:

I had high hopes for this set and am very pleased with the results. Rey, BB-8, Unkar Plutt, Teedo and another Jakku Thug are included along with Teedo’s Luggabeast which is mainly brick built but includes some new leg elements which are articulated independently. This model measured about 15cm in length. I cannot comment on the quality of the minifigures as they were not shown.

Unkar Plutt’s junk shop at Niima Outpost also appears in the set and looks as ramshackle as it is in the movie. A couple of small huts and tents are spread across a 16x16 plate and a 8x16 plate along with lots of small assemblies which represent old engines and other bits of scrap harvested from crashed Rebel and Imperial starships.

This may be the only interesting new set of the TFA Summer 2016 sets! Eagerly looking forward to the first pictures of this set, when it will be displayed at the Spielwarenmesse in Nuremberg later this week!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

I guess this is where my summer allowance is going. #wheresrey

I'm so sick of hearing about the "Where's Rey" on facebook.  Obviously, 99% of those people that post that aren't really looking.  Rey is in just as many sets as Kylo.  After the summer wave, she'll be in 3 sets, compared to Kylo's 2. 

As for action figures, she was in 3 of the 6 black series waves, the same amount of Kylo. 

How about #wheresoldwhiteguys?  Since Old Han and Old Luke are vastly under represented in plastic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I'm so sick of hearing about the "Where's Rey" on facebook.  Obviously, 99% of those people that post that aren't really looking.  Rey is in just as many sets as Kylo.  After the summer wave, she'll be in 3 sets, compared to Kylo's 2. 

As for action figures, she was in 3 of the 6 black series waves, the same amount of Kylo. 

How about #wheresoldwhiteguys?  Since Old Han and Old Luke are vastly under represented in plastic.

It was meant as more of an "Oh, there she is!" sort of comment than a criticism. Cheers, not jeers

Interesting release schedule. My kids wanted to have a BB8, so my options were $150 on MF or $80 on Poe's Xwing. Went with Poe because I have the 7965 MF already. Had to pick up Rey's Speeder for my little one to get Rey. If this set is less than $100, then I got hosed! Probably would have bought all 3 anyways, but I don't like feeling manipulated.

15 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

It was meant as more of an "Oh, there she is!" sort of comment than a criticism. Cheers, not jeers

Yeah, everyone screams "submit" once facts are unleashed to them about this very subject..  One of the uber feminists that I have in my friends list, posted "i'm not buying any star wars stuff for my daughters because they didn't include rey in anything"..  I had to step in and say "ohh really", and decided to post about 50 links from amazon with rey products on her facebook page (many of which were available at cost).  Now that was in good jest. :)

In order to get an old Han I had to pay 150.00 for a rehashed MF.  Us old guys are vastly represented unless of course they are represented as sith lords.  I bet we don't even see Old Luke until Ep 8.

45 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

Interesting release schedule. My kids wanted to have a BB8, so my options were $150 on MF or $80 on Poe's Xwing. Went with Poe because I have the 7965 MF already. Had to pick up Rey's Speeder for my little one to get Rey. If this set is less than $100, then I got hosed! Probably would have bought all 3 anyways, but I don't like feeling manipulated.

Well, the UK price supposedly will be 50 GBP and the US$ price would be $80, according to Brickset: http://brickset.com/sets/75148-1/

14 minutes ago, Hogi said:

wow feminism reached lego products in the us? some people really need their heads washed. this society is killing itself wiht so many deluded people. 

I think it started more or less with the release of the Star Wars TFA Monopoly set which includes Luke, Han, Darth Vader and Kylo Ren as figures. And people wondered: why include Darth Vader who is not in TFA, while leaving out Rey? That resulted in a "where is Rey?" question and corresponding hashtag. 

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

Yeah, everyone screams "submit" once facts are unleashed to them about this very subject..  One of the uber feminists that I have in my friends list, posted "i'm not buying any star wars stuff for my daughters because they didn't include rey in anything"..  I had to step in and say "ohh really", and decided to post about 50 links from amazon with rey products on her facebook page (many of which were available at cost).  Now that was in good jest. :)

In order to get an old Han I had to pay 150.00 for a rehashed MF.  Us old guys are vastly represented unless of course they are represented as sith lords.  I bet we don't even see Old Luke until Ep 8.

I don't Facebook much these days, but I am familiar with the soapboxers who stage a case on very little evidence. I wonder if Disney wanted to test the waters before going all in on a female lead? Also, villains are hot right now.

Can't bite the bullet on another Falcon just for new minifigs, but I made sure to pick up my "Old Leia". She should look great next to Jabba's Barge "Slave Leia". Poor Carrie Fisher :( She made sure to have a long talk with Daisy Ridley to ensure that there is never a "Slave Rey"

I was reading this and wondering - where is a picture of the set? After searching a little, I came across one (linked below, intentionally not inline). It says 75149 in the comments, but it might actually really be 75148 (hard to see in the image), due to the "low" piece count of 442, which, according to other rumors wouldn't fit to the 75149 price.

image , article

Edited by dinner41

8 minutes ago, dinner41 said:

I was reading this and wondering - where is a picture of the set? After searching a little, I came across one (linked below, intentionally not inline). It says 75149 in the comments, but it might actually really be 75148 (hard to see in the image), due to the "low" piece count of 442, which, according to other rumors wouldn't fit to the 75149 price.

image , article

SW licensing and/or larger pieces can result in higher PPP

2 hours ago, fossilrock said:

It all sort of started with the where's black widow hashtag. That one kind of made sense because even LEGO relegated her to the quinjet and had Captain America on her motorcycle. But, looking at the Marvel Legends pegs, maybe it made sense to limit a secondary character with no major powers in that brand.

The where is rey stuff is a knee jerk reaction. There was plenty of Rey released, just not enough to meet demand. There had been too much made of the other thing, so idiots just bandwagoned it to Rey. I know I had no problem finding Rey toys for my little girl before Christmas.

20 minutes ago, dinner41 said:

image , article

The initial box images seem to be placeholders and use placeholder values. The 442 is just such a value. This set will most likely have over 700 pieces

17 minutes ago, dinner41 said:

image , article

That's the other set, Assault on Jakkuu. This set mentioned in this thread is a second force awakens set coming out in the summer.  I suspect we will see images of this set next week or a little bit after.  I'm guessing we are about six months from the release date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...