The Walking Dead - General Discussion

MarleyMoose

On April 14, 2016 at 0:40 AM, Battrax said:

It really needs to be renamed to The Bumbling Living. I was getting angrier and angrier with Rick's group for not seeing the stupidly obvious... like walking in to traps against an obviously superior in organisation and numbers opponent.

How do you even make that call to bring everyone important just to try and get one+ to the only doctor in the area? Rick's face was priceless. We've come a long way since Terminus 

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

We're on easy street, And it feels so sweet 
'Cause the world is 'bout a treat, When you're on easy street...

I simply can't get this wonderful song out of my head.

I thought they would have picked something a little more grating, but I'm sure this one would prove to be torturous after weeks on end.

• 4 months later...
Was not a fan of most of this season. The writing can be terrible or worse at times. And last night's "final" battle was silly and ridiculous. Negan's whole shtick is silly.

I agree with you - and I'm a hardcore fan of the early seasons & genre generally. But I actually find Negan & King Ezekeil to be so over the top and shakespearian in their acting that they work for me.

The plot lines that have run shallow on depth and deep on predictable cliches is what's really killed it for me. Not to mention one horrible "final battle" finale after another - the tactics are just atrocious. Gunfights with semi-automatic weapons in open terrain? Everyone would be dead in 30 seconds - it'd be like the final scene of Reservoir Dogs, not some 15 minute running firefight (be it Alexandria past night, or Terminus/Prison in seasons past).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Blockers said:

How bad is Season Eight compared to Season Seven? I saw the first two episodes and it's all fighting and the character development felt like it was lacking. I hope the get rid of the clowns that are completely realistic.

It's all kind of been downhill since Negan was introduced.