76058 - Spider-Man: Ghost Rider Team-up

TheOrcKing

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, BrickStanley74 said:

Ugh. I am so over the perpetual cycle of sets with motorbikes and/or tiny flying platforms.

Ha, perpetual cycle.

In this case it all fits.

Hobgoblin/Green Goblin were the original 'small flying platform' villians. And Ghost Rider with flaming cycle for forever together. These characters are defined by their 'vehicles' so you can't get away from it with this set and that is a good thing

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

Ha, perpetual cycle.

In this case it all fits.

Hobgoblin/Green Goblin were the original 'small flying platform' villians. And Ghost Rider with flaming cycle for forever together. These characters are defined by their 'vehicles' so you can't get away from it with this set and that is a good thing

This.  Hobgoblin without glider is basically a sad man in orange halloween costume.  As for Ghost Rider, there is probably a stipulation in the contract that says every GR has to ride on something that is on fire :D

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This.  Hobgoblin without glider is basically a sad man in orange halloween costume.  As for Ghost Rider, there is probably a stipulation in the contract that says every GR has to ride on something that is on fire :D

Only the hardcore GR fans would know that GR was once on a flaming elephant!

• Like 1

I'm just stoked that they did a Ghost Rider fig!!! He was so cool to me as a kid!

I think this set overall is a winner! Those are two figs that I doubt we'll ever see in another set. Now I just have to hope for a standard production cycle and a two year retirement (or less preferably).

3 hours ago, odysea11 said:

I'm just stoked that they did a Ghost Rider fig!!! He was so cool to me as a kid!

I never got into GR growing up, reading comics.  But I never was into the super natural side of the super hero comics.

But yes, he's an awesome figure, and one I definitely need to have.  I don't think it will take much convincing on the wife - she'll want the entire set for her Halloween Town.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, bdoubleg said:

I really really like this set, i love ghost rider which might be clouding my investment judgement. At the moment in the UK you can buy in easily at 25% off. I am thinking of making this my investment choice out of the new super heroes set. What does everyone think?

Personally I'd say its too early to be going deep on this (just my opinion).  But i see where you're coming from in terms of liking the figs (which is really the only reason you're buying this set). Because this isn't avengers it might be overlooked by the masses (and i have no idea who pumpkin head is); which i think could be a good thing.
Unique figs is also another one (so discount spidy but the other 2 look cool).  If you're worried about your love of ghost rider clouding your decision I'd suggest looking on bricklink/ebay to see how much the figs (and what the supply and demand is on them)  go for.
You can get an idea how many others share the ghost rider love.

For me (and a lot of others) it seems SH is theme to stay away from as you're relying on the figs (normally and not the build) and its easy for TLG to just release a new set with them in down the line killing any EOL demand.  But given its ghost rider and not Batman, Hulk, iron man etc its more of a niche draw and less likely its going to be re-released as there's no film(i'm aware of) to warrant this.

If you're looking to stock up then i'd suggest waiting for an Argos 3-4-2 promotion (likely another one soon based on 2015 & 2014) so I'd say target at least 33% off (and you'll probably find you can buy in bulk at 40% off at some point if you bide your time and wait for the pre-xmas generic promotions).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Anecdotal, but I've made a solid 60% ROI by quick flip parting these out (sold through a half dozen). Every set I've had 50%+ parting out returns on quick out of the gate have gone on to become respectable post-retirement earners.

This has got a LONG time to go as it is a great build / AFOL'S and kids like it / exclusive minifigs. Ticks all the boxes, can't see this one going in the next 2 years.