Name this minifigure please, Jango Fett?

Jplego

Question

I just started to collect Star Wars minifigures.  I thought this one was Jango Fett from Slave 7153, but the color of his arm and legs is blue instead of violet.  Any idea what set this one is from?  Is the Jango Fett? I checked BrickLink and could only find three variants of Jango Fett.  He is close to the one from 7153 expect the color.  I do not have the helmet.  Thank you for you help.

image.jpeg

18 answers to this question

Actually he looks like a gear version of Jango from either a keychain, pen or magnet. The flesh coloured face and blue limbs do not look correct with the torso, also the torso itself does not look like the correct printing (for example the thick poorly defined  lines beneath the chest plate design)  check to see if the limbs are loose (they may have been swapped) and also note if the figure has been glued or has an abnormal hole beneath the hair piece.

It could also be one of the many knock-off sw characters.  (it's really hard to trust any minifigure you didn't pull from the box yourself)

If you received him in a random bulk lot - look for other distinguishable parts of sets that he would have come in to be sure.

Thank you for your help.  The figure is not glued.  Thumper is right that the line below the neck is different and poorly defined.  The lines at the bottom of this torso are too thick too.  I guess this is a fake figure.  It is not glued together and I do not see an abnormal hole under his hair.  I attached another picture.  I did check keychains and pens, but could not find a similar one.  I could not even find blue legs with a brown hip. 

I bought this one from eBay through an auction for about $20.  It is a lesson learned.  I plan to collect all Star Wars minifigures and I think I have to be extra careful with expensive figures. There are too many custom made ones.  Thanks again for your kind help.  

image.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/1/2016 at 2:40 PM, Hole go said:

Thank you for your help.  The figure is not glued.  Thumper is right that the line below the neck is different and poorly defined.  The lines at the bottom of this torso are too thick too.  I guess this is a fake figure.  It is not glued together and I do not see an abnormal hole under his hair.  I attached another picture.  I did check keychains and pens, but could not find a similar one.  I could not even find blue legs with a brown hip. 

I bought this one from eBay through an auction for about $20.  It is a lesson learned.  I plan to collect all Star Wars minifigures and I think I have to be extra careful with expensive figures. There are too many custom made ones.  Thanks again for your kind help.  

The legs can be easily switched (blue for violet) - also, although photos can be deceiving, those hips look to be reddish brown (not the correct old brown).

Edited by KShine

40 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Is LEGO printed between the brown studs? It looks like it may I can't tell. Also LEGO should be printed on the neck stud as well.

If it's not LEGO and the auction listed it as such you can SNAD it. 

Those parts do have Lego printed on them.  I guess it is just the printing on the torso is fake.  The printing on the head is fake too.  I bought it through an eBay auction from a seller with 100% positive feedback.  

image.png

I left positive feedback after I received the package and did not file a claim.  The seller was pretty responsive too and I do not want to ruin his 100% positive feedback for $20.  I will just put it aside with my real Jango Fett, reminding me not to buy loose expensive figures.  

1 minute ago, Hole go said:

I left positive feedback after I received the package and did not file a claim.  The seller was pretty responsive too and I do not want to ruin his 100% positive feedback for $20.  I will just put it aside with my real Jango Fett, reminding me not to buy loose expensive figures.  

Ask yourself this...does he deserve 100% feedback and your $20 for selling you a fake?? Don't worry about his feelings.  He didn't care about yours or your money.  $20 is $20. 

• Like 1

You don't have to necessarily leave negative feedback.  Maybe he truly didn't know it was a fake.  I have my doubts, but it's possible.  Show him his auction and a picture of the real one.  He doesn't really have a leg to stand on.  Call ebay and explain what happened.  It's not like you've switched one out, the picture is there for us all to see what crap you were sold.

Sorry but anything someone is selling, they should know what they have.  This person obviously didn't do their research or was too lazy or just doesn't care.  100% feedback or not, have to be responsible.  Not fair to you.  At least get your money back.  It takes a lot for me to leave neg feedback for someone with 100% trust me, but this is ridiculous.  Especially with the amount of fakes out there now, he should have known better.  

After looking at the seller, it appears likely that they were not aware of the custom minifig - as none of their other items (listed or completed) look suspicious.

While a return seems reasonable, I wouldn't think that we should be looking to destroy the seller.

Yes, a seller is responsible for the accuracy of their listing, but a buyer should also be reasonable, and understand that honest mistakes do happen.

• Like 1

I am not sure if selling custom ones is legitimate.  Some are even selling figures called Lego compatible.  I do not think those have any collectible value.  I have to be really carefully when I look for figures on eBay.  Even so, I am worried I may still get fake ones.  For those expensive figures like those in the cloud city, I chose to buy sealed sets.  I would rather pay more to be safe.  The problem is that I have spent too much money on too many sealed sets and have no place for them...  What an expensive hobby!

BTW thanks guys. Just to read those kind of post and Topic, I'm learning a lot. I bought lots of minifigures online myself and I wasn't realizing how it can be really tricky to identify those custom and almost "replica". I was doing my own search to get an accurate Minifigures but I didn't know it could be as confusing.