30603 - Batman Classic TV Series - Mr Freeze

Alpinemaps

48 minutes ago, California92563 said:

I bet alpine is willing to pay that :derisive:

I don't think so, I'm sure alpinemaps would grab the one that is for sale for $200 (and flip it for $300-$400)..shipping isn't bad either, $2.54.... So compared to the $500 one, this is a deal, mods, pls feel free to move this post to Daily Deals as that's what this OBVIOUSLY is, lol

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I realize I might be taking this thread a bit sideways...  -  newbie question.....   (been here about 7 weeks and counting)  -what is the average ceiling on most mini figures ?    - I realize that is a very general question, and there is no true answer....  but for example...  Mr Freeze... once he becomes available to everyone ( is that tomorrow ? ) ...   what will his price drop down to....?      how long will it stay there ( just an estimate) ... and will it move up eventually?      What would the estimate price be for him 2 years from now?      Same questions for red arm c3po ?   I know he can be purchased for $7-8 bucks now....   where do you think he will be 2 years from now?     Just trying to figure out if I should throw a couple hundred bucks into the same same mini figure or buy 4 $50 sets, or 2 $100 sets... or 1 $200 dollar set.     With a lot of this stuff, (to me) it seems like it might be easier for a $8 figure to double in price sooner than a $100 set, -but then again, I know nothing about lego (especially mini figs) -so I am trying to get some sort of a read on them.    Any opinons or thoughts are greatly appreciated. (even if the opinions turn out to be wrong.... lol )   thank you,    PP

5 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Mr freeze not for another month...

nobody knows if it will be available at target or TRU later on and lower the price...

you are right....   April is not tomorrow as I was thinking.... lol...    - I am really looking at the red arm C3po...   I know its a Toys R Us exclusive, -but how exclusive is it really? Is it still available?   - I am not one to go out and hunt for stuff ( i would rather let other folks do that, and pay them the % they need for their work) ...   I would much rather buy in bulk, pay the price, and throw the stuff in the garage and come back to it in a few years.     I know I am never going to get the best price on the items this way, but I am also not driving around looking for stuff, wasting time and gas... ( I live in So Cal and from what I have gathered, the discounted deals don't happen that often here, and when they do, if you are not in the store when they happen, you will miss them )   - so... I would rather pay the piper, and play the waiting game, - it seems that mini figs might (key word being might) have a decent chance of doubling in price sooner then a more expensive set...  - can someone point me in the direction of a mini figure that has been released in the same fashion as the red arm c3po a few years ago.... ?      Thx... PP

30 minutes ago, plastic passion said:

I realize I might be taking this thread a bit sideways...  -  newbie question.....   (been here about 7 weeks and counting)  -what is the average ceiling on most mini figures ?    - I realize that is a very general question, and there is no true answer....  but for example...  Mr Freeze... once he becomes available to everyone ( is that tomorrow ? ) ...   what will his price drop down to....?      how long will it stay there ( just an estimate) ... and will it move up eventually?      What would the estimate price be for him 2 years from now?      Same questions for red arm c3po ?   I know he can be purchased for $7-8 bucks now....   where do you think he will be 2 years from now?     Just trying to figure out if I should throw a couple hundred bucks into the same same mini figure or buy 4 $50 sets, or 2 $100 sets... or 1 $200 dollar set.     With a lot of this stuff, (to me) it seems like it might be easier for a $8 figure to double in price sooner than a $100 set, -but then again, I know nothing about lego (especially mini figs) -so I am trying to get some sort of a read on them.    Any opinons or thoughts are greatly appreciated. (even if the opinions turn out to be wrong.... lol )   thank you,    PP

Let's start with the purchase of a $8 figure and assume it increases by 2x:

Purchase price = $8

Sale price (w/ free shipping) = $16

Fees = $2.88

Shipping = $3.50

Bubble Mailer = $0.25

Profit = $1.37 

I'm sure some veterans can and will correct my math and assumptions here.  If you can sell in bulk, the profit margin goes up as shipping/packing costs per unit goes way down.  Personally, I don't see red arm reaching $20 (individually or in bulk).  Someone has 300 available on BrickLink for $6.75 each and another 400 at $7.50 ea. so that's just some of your competition.  I sold most of mine around $12 (shipped) before it was widely available.

The best profit I made on a promotional minifigure was Darth Revan.  That's a fun thread to read when you have some free time.

Or:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/15919-lego-polybag-availability-update-february-2016/#comment-558429

Hulk polybag did well, at least some time ago, plus Mini Cooper poly or vw poly, hell, vw poly prices are almost reaching full Lego vw camper prices.   ;) 

Whenever shirtless darth maul was available years ago, I was able to get around 150 of them for $5 each, few left at $20-some dollars .

Edited by Lordoflego

Let's start with the purchase of a $8 figure and assume it increases by 2x:

Purchase price = $8

Sale price (w/ free shipping) = $16

Fees = $2.88

Shipping = $3.50

Bubble Mailer = $0.25

Profit = $1.37 

I'm sure some veterans can and will correct my math and assumptions here.  If you can sell in bulk, the profit margin goes up as shipping/packing costs per unit goes way down.  Personally, I don't see red arm reaching $20 (individually or in bulk).  Someone has 300 available on BrickLink for $6.75 each and another 400 at $7.50 ea. so that's just some of your competition.  I sold most of mine around $12 (shipped) before it was widely available.

The best profit I made on a promotional minifigure was Darth Revan.  That's a fun thread to read when you have some free time.

Yes, your math is off.

BL fees are 3% =$0.48

Shipping is $3.10 up to 8 oz

So making $4+ each depending on cost of bubble mailer, and profit goes up with bulk sales

• 1 month later...