Finding good stuff at Target

ichiroll

So I'm relatively new here but I've yet to run into any "deals" at Target.

The only thing I found was the $15.98 Hailfire Droid when that promotion was going on.

Target seems to do modest 15-20% discounts and places them on end caps of the aisles, but nothing else.

Is this everyone else's experience?  

4 hours ago, ichiroll said:

The only thing I found was the $15.98 Hailfire Droid when that promotion was going on.

Target seems to do modest 15-20% discounts and places them on end caps of the aisles, but nothing else.

Oh how i wish Target was still here in Canada :cry:

Target from my experience had some of the most reliable and best clearances. Unlike Walmart's odd clearance process here in Canada; Target's were seemingly province-wide and started at %30-%50 eventually making it down to %70. Some of my best deals ever have been from Target clearances. You might just need to check other Target's or wait until a new wave of clearances comes out so you can get first pickings ;)

Mind you Target Canada and Target USA could have functioned differently, but i don't think they differed too much (hence why they failed up here).

Edited by Sandwraithx157
  • Like 1

Target has had great clearance deals over the last few months ... not as crazy as Walmart, but depending on the store 30-50-70% off. This was straight after the holidays. And they have a stock tracker that is reliable (see the stock tracker here at BrickPicker). Now they have reset their shelves and loaded the new sets, so clearance deals have gone (save a few, such as the 50% off Grievous/ObiWan packs, and their 50-70-90% clearance ladder on the little seasonal polybags right after Valentine's/Easter etc.) I'm sure there will be a new round of clearance soon, but it is not all-out like Walmart. And as mentioned before, the clearance %-age depends on the area your store is in ....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ichiroll said:

It all depends on your market.  I know in the boston area, all these clearance deals are no where to be found.  Walmarts have Chima and Bionicle on the clerance shelves for 20-30% off, There are 4 walmarts close by and all have a shelf full of 60080 at $119.  As for target well I saw a single Grievous/Obi Want at two different targets (out of 6), for $42, as well as some chima and city for 30% off (not official clearance tags just regular shelf tags).  

Last year was definitely better for clerance, though some of that was from March finds as well.  I will be curious to see what happens when the new lines come out in late spring early summer, but I can see most of the current stock sitting on shelves till then.

1 hour ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

Oh how i wish Target was still here in Canada :cry:

Target from my experience had some of the most reliable and best clearances. Unlike Walmart's odd clearance process here in Canada; Target's were seemingly province-wide and started at %30-%50 eventually making it down to %70. Some of my best deals ever have been from Target clearances. You might just need to check other Target's or wait until a new wave of clearances comes out so you can get first pickings ;)

Mind you Target Canada and Target USA could have functioned differently, but i don't think they differed too much (hence why they failed up here).

Target was a bust from the getgo in this part of the country, they just simply never had any stock (and pretty much anything they had was available at the dollar store or Wmt for less) same as the Real Canadian Stupid Store,  how that place survives is a mystery - it's certainly not their stock levels or pricing practices. 

Zellers I do miss, they were messy & dirty yes, but the predictable rotating sales were great... %50 off any one item downloadable coupons (which you printed out a handful & kept looping back through the registers) and BOGO's every quarter, also almost always a Take an additional 20% of already on sale toys at months-end.  Always full shelves & with new stock weekly, Thursdays if I remember - Zellers was a goldmine!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ichiroll said:

Keep at it.  One day you'll walk into your Target and find that magic discount.  For every time someone posts an outrageous find/discount there are 100 other stories that never get reported of people walking into a Target and seeing exactly what you are seeing.

14 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Keep at it.  One day you'll walk into your Target and find that magic discount.  For every time someone posts an outrageous find/discount there are 100 other stories that never get reported of people walking into a Target and seeing exactly what you are seeing.

Thanks for your feedback.

I definitely will since I enjoy going to Targets in general.

That being said, the hectic unorganized feeling of Walmart in general seems more conducive to finding deals.

14 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

Thanks for your feedback.

I definitely will since I enjoy going to Targets in general.

That being said, the hectic unorganized feeling of Walmart in general seems more conducive to finding deals.

Yes...Walmart is hectic and unorganized.  They are frustrating because of their inconsistency with markdowns.  The Walmart App on your smartphone is your friend.  I usually use it to determine pricing when I am at the store.  For stock tracking it is unreliable, and while it will be right sometimes, it'll also have you driving all over chasing a set that doesn't exist...though the location is "supposed" to have 5 of them.

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Yes...Walmart is hectic and unorganized.  They are frustrating because of their inconsistency with markdowns.  The Walmart App on your smartphone is your friend.  I usually use it to determine pricing when I am at the store.  For stock tracking it is unreliable, and while it will be right sometimes, it'll also have you driving all over chasing a set that doesn't exist...though the location is "supposed" to have 5 of them.

I've had very little luck with the pricing via the app.  Usually I take any suspecting items to the scanner and double-check it...

I find very few deals at my local Targets. Occasionally they'll have some items at 30% off, but usually not what I'm interested in.  Went to an out-of-the-way Target today... figured I'd give it one more try. Nothing that I wanted in the toy aisle. So I just picked up a couple rolls of packing tape I needed. Up near checkout; I saw loads of polybags like Poe's X-Wing, TIE Advanced, etc, at $3.99 (no thanks).  Then I saw the fresh-looking minifigure packs there... one "peg" full of 20 in each aisle... figured I'd try and pick up a shark-man while I waited in line. Got to smooshin' and realized, these weren't Series 15 figs... they were all Series 13 (still $3.99).  My peg of 20 had five hot dog guys... so I picked those up.  Biggest Target score for me in months.  :)

• Like 4

• 2 months later...