41122 - Adventure Camp Tree House

TheOrcKing

• 1 year later...
Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Val-E said:

This set is starting to pick up now after spending almost half a year at 50% on SAH. Shame they are bringing out the remake next month.

At a 20 euro buy-in, it was certainly an excellent purchase.

I saw mojo in this set which is why I bought a boat load last year ;-)

I've just sold the ones I bought from Boots the other week for £45 each cash.

A remake isn't a big deal as long as the RRP is a little higher and that there's some different features. Of course, it's a problem when the remake is 50% off!

You state these very low buy-ins, where do you buy them? I ask as I thought LEGO was expensive in Spain - assuming you're still there. Are you a retired British expat living the life of of Riley in the sun? ;-)

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I saw mojo in this set which is why I bought a boat load last year ;-)

I've just sold the ones I bought from Boots the other week for £45 each cash.

A remake isn't a big deal as long as the RRP is a little higher and that there's some different features. Of course, it's a problem when the remake is 50% off!

You state these very low buy-ins, where do you buy them? I ask as I thought LEGO was expensive in Spain - assuming you're still there. Are you a retired British expat living the life of of Riley in the sun? ;-)

RRP was 75 euros here so SAH offer made it 37.50 with some freebies IIRC.  A few European shops were stuck with excess stock over the summer and cleared them out for 20 euros only instore with little fuss. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time, same as with the 10704 boxes.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

RRP was 75 euros here so SAH offer made it 37.50 with some freebies IIRC.  A few European shops were stuck with excess stock over the summer and cleared them out for 20 euros only instore with little fuss. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time, same as with the 10704 boxes.

€75? Probably the same as £59.99 with the exchange rate at the time. I got some from LEGO at £29.99 plus VIP and promo and the rest at just under £25 plus points/vouchers. A nice little earner so far and I've got rid of them all now.

• 4 weeks later...