Lego 2x VIP is on.. what sets did you pick up?

Substored

47 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

I plan to get all UCS sets to the limit, staggering purchase to 1 per order. To get the free Kai dragon as well.

Plus it's easier to track and know what (if any) orders get cancelled for any reason.

Don't go overboard or you may end up banned or at least on their radar for potential banning in the future. There will be more double point opportunities later in the year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quacs said:

Scooby Do pack

I also went ahead and grabbed a Scooby Doo pack.  The price is ok, not fantastic.  I do expect these to see further discounts at retailers as the year goes on.  I'm debating now to get a Brick Bank or Batcave.  I don't do much investing through S@H. I buy mostly for personal use from them. 

I might buy some investment sets here and there when they have great promos at Christmas, etc.  I rarely buy 5 of anything and I mix up the orders.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I also went ahead and grabbed a Scooby Doo pack.  The price is ok, not fantastic.  I do expect these to see further discounts at retailers as the year goes on.  I'm debating now to get a Brick Bank or Batcave.  I don't do much investing through S@H. I buy mostly for personal use from them. 

I might buy some investment sets here and there when they have great promos at Christmas, etc.  I rarely buy 5 of anything and I mix up the orders.

Me too, for the most part.  I grabbed two of these from S@H.  Since I don't spend the time tracking down discounts in an area that has few, this is a decent deal with double VIP.

• Like 2

I ordered a Sancrawler and a Slave I even though they're both out of stock (expected ship date ~ March 20th). Just want to lock in those double VIP points. 

I look forward to getting a Kai Dragon shaped dent in each of the boxes. 

Edited by Muffin Cup
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Muffin Cup said:

I ordered a Sancrawler and a Slave I even though they're both out of stock (expected ship date ~ March 20th). Just want to lock in those double VIP points. 

I look forward to getting a Kai Dragon shaped dent in each of the boxes. 

If you order backordered products, they'll go ahead and ship the freebie first, sets later.  It works out well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, macpro76 said:

I plan to get all UCS sets to the limit, staggering purchase to 1 per order. To get the free Kai dragon as well.

Plus it's easier to track and know what (if any) orders get cancelled for any reason.

4 hours ago, jbacunn said:

Don't go overboard or you may end up banned or at least on their radar for potential banning in the future. There will be more double point opportunities later in the year.

45 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

Both my tower bridge orders were cancelled

One of two possibilities:

1) Your multiple orders triggered their fraud prevention system. You can call them, verify the orders, and all will be well

or

2) The BANHAMMER strikes again.

image.jpeg.31136a515ff5b31a8aa7d9c57fc76

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

If you order backordered products, they'll go ahead and ship the freebie first, sets later.  It works out well.

LEGO Shop at Home stopped doing this several promotions ago, a workaround is to order a small item or even pick a brick to force the freebie shipment in case the backordered product is cancelled.  YMMV but this was confirmed by several other members in 2016.

Edited by legogregors
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, legogregors said:

LEGO Shop at Home stopped doing this several promotions ago, a workaround is to order a small item or even pick a brick to force the freebie shipment in case the backordered product is cancelled. 

News to me. Last time I ordered stuff that was backordered in January they went ahead and sent promotional item.

Edited by Huskers1236
spelling
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

I doubt it. :)  I called them, she couldnt really give me much info.  She tried to push them through but could not.  She told me to wait till end of day, the orders should change over.  we will see...

We've also mentioned in the past that calling them excessively will put a target on your back too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, macpro76 said:

I doubt it. :)  I called them, she couldnt really give me much info.  She tried to push them through but could not.  She told me to wait till end of day, the orders should change over.  we will see...

The CS reps on the phone can't do very much except forward you onto someone else. I wouldn't suggest you push your luck just yet...  Have you read the LEGO Bans open discussion thread? If you haven't I highly suggest you do so before proceeding.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

News to me. Last time I ordered stuff that was backordered in January they went ahead and sent promotional item.

If you or anyone else gets the promo shipped immediately this month with a back ordered single item from LEGO Shop at Home, please post.  This would be great news as it did work out very well in the past.  If it is something I really want, I will be adding a filler item just in case. 

2 hours ago, macpro76 said:

Two orders for Tower Bridge..no longer cancelled. :victory:

3 hours ago, zskid00 said:

icon_xl.jpg

no longer cancelled....:)