Lego 2x VIP is on.. what sets did you pick up?

Substored

Surprised to see the horde has wiped out DO, PR, and PS, but that good ole' PC is still available. I guess everyone has filled their boots on that one from last year? But then I'd have thought PS would be in the same boat, everyone has one or three.  Any other speculation on why PS went TOoS already and not PC? 

'Cause PS is the oldest...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on business travel for the past couple weeks, so I haven't had much time to think about investing or have the time to sell anything.  At this point, i'm not sure what I want to buy, but I have 4 more days to play with 2xVIP. 

I'm kind of shocked Ewok Village, or any of the Jurassic World sets are gone or sold out.  I would have suspected those to be gone by now.  I am not shocked Pet Shop is TOS, although that's just a sign it's going to be prolonged.. . Blah.. this go around is a tough one to pick.  The past two seasons seemed easier.

I'm probably just going to go with backordering some Slave 1s and a SC.

Edited by fossilrock

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

You'd be better served to buy Slave 1s at TRU with the 20% coupon, than ordering more at LEGO Shop at Home.

I would certainly agree unless he's in a spot like me where the closest slave 1 is hundreds of miles away...that darn TRU! Just lemme get a slave 1 (or 2) :) I just tossed a SC on hold at the Lego store near me...I'll pick that puppy up tomorrow. I had previously ordered one from WM which they neglected to send in a secondary box and just slapped a label on the actual product box (twice actually) smfh...

I've been traveling, and spilled coffee on my laptop so i've been out of commission on brickpicker for a few weeks.  You're going to have to clue me in on the 20% off on Slave1's.  I missed that.  But, i'd jump on that.  I also still will buy a Slave 1 at 2xvip too, just so I have a few.

The closest lego store to me is about a 4 and a half hour drive, so i'd just prefer to buy online.. .BUT i'm all ears on the TRU deal.

2 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I've been traveling, and spilled coffee on my laptop so i've been out of commission on brickpicker for a few weeks.  You're going to have to clue me in on the 20% off on Slave1's.  I missed that.  But, i'd jump on that.  I also still will buy a Slave 1 at 2xvip too, just so I have a few.

The closest lego store to me is about a 4 and a half hour drive, so i'd just prefer to buy online.. .BUT i'm all ears on the TRU deal.

People are using the 20% off coupons to get Slave 1 at TRU.  I did not find any at my local TRU, but others have found them.

Call or search all TRU's close to you. If they have the Slave 1 for $199.99 you can use the 20% off coupon found in the Truth Tactics thread as a PDF to get $40 off, then you can try your luck and if they have it or them, wait till Thursday and use it alongside the 10% off in store purchases and if you have the TRU cc then you can use that for double points and lastly use any discounted GCs to drop that sucker even more...this would be one of the sexier deals I have seen but would rather touch than see but again not one TRU has one in northern IL. I'd have to go to our wonderful state capital in Springfield but that my friend ain't happenin. 

I took a look at my VIP account history. In total for the 2x points bonanza I picked up 8 large pick a brick cups from various stores, and these items:

40165 Wedding Favour Set 2016 V46

10586 Ice Cream Truck V39

10218 Pet Shop V39

71011 Series 15 V39

I'll probably go one last time today to see if I find another few new pieces on the Pick a Brick wall.