LEGOLAND Parks & Discover Center Buying - General discussion

donbee

1 hour ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

Can you buy at LL in CA without buying an admission ticket?

You can do a shopper's pass.  Drive in, pay your $15 in parking, and your $90+ for a ticket.  Go on a shopping spree for 60 minutes.  Leave the park, present your receipts for parking, your admission, and what you bought.  You'll get a full refund on your parking and your ticket.

I'm in between annual passes right now, and I do this every couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2016 at 6:52 AM, Alpinemaps said:

You can do a shopper's pass.  Drive in, pay your $15 in parking, and your $90+ for a ticket.  Go on a shopping spree for 60 minutes.  Leave the park, present your receipts for parking, your admission, and what you bought.  You'll get a full refund on your parking and your ticket.

I'm in between annual passes right now, and I do this every couple of weeks.

cool...

do they sell all the same stuff at disneyland store same as legoland like the new train set? keychains? etc....

just curious

2 hours ago, Brickbuilder.g said:

cool...

do they sell all the same stuff at disneyland store same as legoland like the new train set? keychains? etc....

just curious

The Downtown Disney(land) store is, to me, just a big Lego Store.  It has a bigger pick a brick wall, and it is usually pretty well stocked.  I don't recall seeing any park exclusives (like the Train set) there.

I only make it there once or twice a year, so maybe one of the other locals that frequent it more regularly than I can chime in.

First trip, took 5 kids age 12 to baby to CA legoland. Did 5 day pass so got to see all.the stores multiple times

FO star destroyer and kylo ren polybags in the big store and large one in back of park. There were disney minifigs and series 8 mixels by the truckload in every shop.

Parrot polys and friends bowling in appropriate stores. Also the elf poly with girl on flying thing in appropriate stores.

Avenger minifigure wall holder only in the minifigure store right when you enter, and it was sold out some days. The guess a Minifig game thing was everywhere.

EV missing from big store and PR and DO only modulars they had when I was there, take that for what it's worth.

Overall had a good time, glad we want while kids still young, they might not have liked it as much even in another year.

I also was a good dad and brought a bag of around 70 old and lame minifigures (30+ of an Eros Chima guy with no helmet) for trading. Kids could trade like a boss by the time we left, their highlights were a few old astromechs, about 7 total friends, I found a Santa vader that had a stormtrooper helmet and a few more gems. Overall much much better minifigures than we left with.

• Like 2

First trip, took 5 kids age 12 to baby to CA legoland. Did 5 day pass so got to see all.the stores multiple times

FO star destroyer and kylo ren polybags in the big store and large one in back of park. There were disney minifigs and series 8 mixels by the truckload in every shop.

Parrot polys and friends bowling in appropriate stores. Also the elf poly with girl on flying thing in appropriate stores.

Avenger minifigure wall holder only in the minifigure store right when you enter, and it was sold out some days. The guess a Minifig game thing was everywhere.

EV missing from big store and PR and DO only modulars they had when I was there, take that for what it's worth.

Overall had a good time, glad we want while kids still young, they might not have liked it as much even in another year.

I also was a good dad and brought a bag of around 70 old and lame minifigures (30+ of an Eros Chima guy with no helmet) for trading. Kids could trade like a boss by the time we left, their highlights were a few old astromechs, about 7 total friends, I found a Santa vader that had a stormtrooper helmet and a few more gems. Overall much much better minifigures than we left with.

I'm not sure I could spend 5 days there. We covered most of the park in one day.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm not sure I could spend 5 days there. We covered most of the park in one day.

We did 3.5 days at Paris Disney during the kids spring break. Just about killed me... The only plus side was that the kids favorite ride (the Buzz Lightyear blaster ride) was super easy to get the fast pass tickets for. Otherwise, 1-2 days max should be enough for anyone!!

6 minutes ago, gregpj said:

We did 3.5 days at Paris Disney during the kids spring break. Just about killed me... The only plus side was that the kids favorite ride (the Buzz Lightyear blaster ride) was super easy to get the fast pass tickets for. Otherwise, 1-2 days max should be enough for anyone!!

Disney, I could do 5 days across the parks. I just couldn't do 5 days at LEGOLand.

The Disney Spring LEGO store is a regular LEGO store, but with Disney annual pass you will have 10% off for most of the sets, some of the large sets are non-discountable (I think the "hard to find" sets), VIP points are good to use there.

The Florida Legoland stores does not belong to LEGO, so VIP card are not acceptable there, but with annual pass, everything is 10% off. It seems to me they are in a different life cycle to LEGO store so some exclusives may appear early there and some expired bags or seasonal sets are still available.

• 1 month later...

Visited legoland Orlando today. Sad to say, I couldn't find any TC-4s. Only had time to check 3 shops that I frequented before. Found Storm trooper Sergeant in two of them. Asked, said they'd been out for a few weeks at least.

Quick update. Studio store had only Kylo Ren's poly, STorm trooper sergeant and the bat mobile that was In TRU a few months ago.
Saw a Nexo poly I hadn't seen at Target before, but didn't stop to read it.

Plenty of Disney minifigs and series 16 at each register.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to the LEGOLAND Discovery center here in Arizona. The minifigure trading was described as having special Halloween themed minifigures. The minifigures that they have to trade utilize some rare pieces. First, we have a witch that has the torso of Maria Hill from the Helicarrier and the head of Chell from the Dimensions Portal pack. Her legs are plain black and she has a brown broom and a black witch's hat. Next, there's a pumpkin head guy that uses the pumpkin from the headless horseman, torso of Lord Vampyre, Palpatine's legs, and the head of ultimate flama. There's also a fairly lame looking wizard that has the hat from the CMF 12 wizard, plain blue torso, standard beard in white, Sleeveless Jay's legs and strangely enough this female head. Oh yeah, there's also a skeleton. My 4 year old desperately wanted one of those and wasted a minifigure trading for it.

I was pretty excited about the Maria Hill Torso, since it's the only part of that figure that is unique. She actually makes a pretty terrible looking witch. The Pumpkin head guy looks cool and will probably hang out in my Halloween display, but it seems like the Pumpkin is selling for a couple bucks by itself.

• Like 1

LL FL didn't have any special Halloween figs today. Pretty lame through the park. Did see some Cmf 16 for trade. Imp in particular.

The scavenger hunt was a Halloween commemorative duplo brick.

Big store has FO General with $30 purchase. And a City polybag with a $35 city purchase.

Studio though, had the FO General and an A-wing pilot with a $60 purchase.

• 2 months later...

Visited LLfl today for the Ninjago grand opening. The ride is fun, good for little kids. I don't think it actually works (keep score).
Kinda lame that it was opening weekend and there weren't any specials in the Big Store or Studio, but they did if a gwp in the Ninjago store. A new polybag, a girl pirate. Had the same old gwp in the friends shop.

Did find some holiday stuff on sale, 25% off + 10% off annual pass.
I'll add some poly bag updates in that thread. 501460b786e49a5f99f7bccdb3c0cc79.jpg33f8a86e3a27560eedd1e30dc934f9b8.jpg
Never seen so many of these in one place. 674041c2cf48c9e205173f23cd635a3c.jpg
I hadn't seen this one before.
fed6d99c0cc93d6fc749d39d049b4138.jpg

I was hoping to get some Wall-Es. They had them when I was there last, but they said they were completely sold out.
I didn't see any JW. They had Dr who and BBT.
  • Like 1