The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

• 2 weeks later...

Robin's costume origin story...

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/cinemacon-footage-unveils-lego-robins-origin-story

CinemaCon footage unveils LEGO Robin’s origin story (by rich at brickfanatics )

CinemaCon is happening over in the States and those attending got to see some exclusive footage introduced by co-directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord, and LEGO Batman himself Will Arnett. Miller spoke to those in attendance with Question “Can Batman be happy?”

Entertainment Weekly attended and gave us some more on the tease footage. LEGO Alfred chastises the caped crusader. “You need to take responsibility for your life,” the butler says. “And it starts by raising your son

LEGO Alfred clarifies: “The young orphan you adopted at the gala.”

SMASH CUT TO: A LEGO version of **** Grayson, voiced by Michael Cera, trotting merrily through the Batcave. And **** quickly convinces Batman to let him join up in his fight against crime. He slides through Batman’s suit collection, including a “Night Terror,” a “Festive Bat” suit, a “Winged Avenger” suit, and literally dozens of other Bat-suits.

Then **** stops on one suit, a familiar-looking red-and-green outfit, with a big “R” on the chest. It’s called “Reggae Man.” LEGO Batman explains that it comes from a “Jamaica caper.” **** grabs the costume, but complains: “The pants are little tight.” So he takes the pants off, leaving only green underwear.

Voila: A new Robin origin story in two minutes, it sounds hilarious. The movie is out in 2017 and the build up is getting better and better 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I am really excited about this one.  This will be an opening weekend movie with the kids.  I'm already a Will Arnett, and loved him as Lego Batman.  The tone sounds similar, and looks to be a hoot.

This exactly. I love the trailers. Our house has been doing "no no no no no no" to the Batman theme song many times since seeing this. In Lord/Miller I trust.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Cn0yTYmVUAEY1bI.jpg

Michael Cera is doing Robin's voice.  But the question is - is that Dick Grayson?  Or is that Carrie Kelly (the female Robin from The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel)

The face, goggles, and expressions say Carrie Kelly to me but Michael Cera as the voice? In The Dark Knight Returns animated feature, they had Ariel Winter provide the characterization.

6 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

LEGO posted pics of two sets to Facebook and Twitter, and then deleted the posts.  Please don't post the pics until LEGO goes live with them again.

Thanks for letting me know about looking to find what I wasn't meant to see - They look great!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

LEGO posted pics of two sets to Facebook and Twitter, and then deleted the posts.  Please don't post the pics until LEGO goes live with them again.

Not everyone is taking them down, yet. I wonder if LEGO will bother with take down notices since they're going to reveal them at SDCC anyways.