The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

3 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Unless you're pointing at something in description (that I missed), LEGO has all the sets, exclusive to other stores or not.

2-in-1 & such may be exceptions. 

. When I hear exclusive, it should mean limited to one. Since Lego sells them at their store and online, it's not only exclusive to one store( Target, Walmart, ETC.). I guess I was reading into it too much..   Long day!!  I said the same thing in the other thread. lol  

Edited by house72

10 minutes ago, Clintonjoseph said:

I read somewhere recently that the various store exclusives were not going to be sold at Lego stores anymore. Just Walmart/target/tru and LEGO Shop at Home, but not physical Lego stores. Don't remember where I read it or if it's true or not, but there you go.

Dr. Strange is a target exclusive and not sold in Lego stores (just shop at home). Which means us Canadians can only purchase it online from Lego. Boo

I'm guessing the penguin car will be the same situation? :-(

1 hour ago, odysea11 said:

Store exclusives are not sold in Lego B&M stores...only online.

Correct.    This changed few waves ago with Dr strange wave.  The stores were bitching for not being true exclusives so they took them out of b&m going forward.   

Legoland and discovery stores do get them though so there is always that option too

I think the lego batman movie sets will far outsell and out perform the Lego Movie sets.  My opinion, strictly, but I already see the "collect em' all" strategy here and it's brilliantly well orchestrated.  I really didn't feel the "collect them all" with the Lego Movie line, but here the way this is setup it's hard not to want all of these.  First, all the main villian characters have a variety of vehicle sets - all of them look great.  Killer Croc, Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, and Scarecrow come with a vehicle, and all of them are quirky and interesting.  I especially like the Killer Croc vehicle, and the Penguins.  Overall, the entire vehicle lineup is well done. 

Next up, you have a mini-playset if you buy 3 sets.  Reminds me of the DolGuldur set from the hobbit a few years back.  You get Joker, Mr Freeze, and Scarecrow part 1 in this one.  You'll need the walmart exclusive to have the set.  

Then it's slated for a Two-face vehicle, Bane vehicle, Scarecrow copter, Haley Quinn will also have her own vehicle in a set..  Add in the clayface figure, and overall I give this entire lineup a big solid A++++.  To me, this theme reinvigurates Lego.  Yes, batman has been done before, yes many of these minis are in other batman oriented lines, but this lineup for this movie is just fun and I can see a lot of kids wanting all of these.  I personally, will buck up and buy the theme.  I haven't really bought many batman sets over the year, but this is definitely on my radar.  I also think the collectible minifigure lineup is a+ too.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 5

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:25 AM, TheOrcKing said:

A light brick incorporated would have made this set a HOMERUN. They could have boxed them and sold them for $19.99 no problem!  I would have bought a dozen if the signal actually worked. Missed opportunity by Lego.