The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

which is the hidden gem in your opinion?

Staying away, very very far away.

In 2019, when this are still show up at his Walmart, he'll sing a different tune.

Me, just from looking around online, it seems like The Joker's Lowrider and the Penguin Arctic Roller are pretty popular. Those are the ones I see talked about the most on Reddit and a few other places.
  • Like 1

So did they open up that new factory in China just to sustain the production of this Batman minifigure? 11 sets for this one.

sh312.jpg

Well, in theory there's three different ones, but the only visible difference is the face.

24 minutes ago, glucapg said:

which is the hidden gem in your opinion?

There aren't going to be any hidden gems. TLG will make sure of that.

The only things I can see myself picking up are the Arctic Roller and Arkham Asylum at 30-40% off. I feel the Lowrider is too expensive even with an extra minifigure and some more parts.

I wouldn't doubt if a few of these are gone in a years time.  

Overall, I think any of the vehicle sets will have some investment potential.  Granted, it depends on how many years they stay on the market.  But, I don't see many of them beyond 2 years, and I think about a 1/3rd of them will have a year shelf life. I'd just wager that the Scarecrow Special Delivery or sets like Mr Freeze, and The Joker Balloon are 1 year and out.  I personally think the Penguin Arctic Roller, and the Joker Low Rider have some great potential.  I noticed that both don't last long on the shelf.  I saw them put out a display at a local walmart, and about 8 of the joker sets were gone two days later.  Same goes for the Batman arctic roller.. i've been checking the target stock in my area and it is flying off the shelves. They are superb sets.  I also think Killer Croc and the Clayface set are really good.  So, far i've bought the Scarecrow, Catwoman, Joker Balloon and the Killer Croc set for my son, and these are all the rage..  It's similar to the jurassic world rage where kids were snatching them up a few years back, while most of us brickpickers wondered "why" would they want blue vehicles.  But, I think vehicles with good characters just sell well, and Lego has provided a great initial lineup here for this movie.  

The rumored Two Face and Bane vehicle sets are also pretty awesome in design so I think there is a lot of great potential in this theme that beats many of the offshoot Batman sets that come out year to year..  Overall, I think if the movie hits a home run, these sets will be flying off the shelves (just like jurassic world)... and even for a massivly hoarded theme like JW, it's already showing strong aftermarket potential. I'd suspect the same will happen here, if the movie is good.

interesting - the walmart exclusive set scarecrow special delivery has been sniffed out gobbled up by the horde and is no longer available for ordering for shipping from walmart - temporary i'm sure but currently only instore pickup.   

Edited by cladner

27 minutes ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

Has anyone figured out how, when and where the batmobile poly is showing up. I see them on fleabay but at 15 a piece seems steep

Not sure if it was mentioned before or not, when and where it's coming out, either way, there's couple polybag threads here you can check for info but I don't think you have to worry. If you can wait, they'll most likely show up very soon...in the store near you :) 

p.s. McDonald's happy meals: 

IMG_2805.JPG

Edited by Lordoflego

The first wave of the lego movie sets were out for 1.5 years, I would guess the same duration will happen for the first batman sets, seems way to early to buy right now without any offers. 

I agree that there is a good potential for some sets to do well, it just depends on how long shelf life is, IMO the 3 best sets are (in order):

70911: The Penguin Arctic Roller

70900: The Joker Balloon Escape

70906: The Joker Notorious Lowrider

Edited by Mhd747
  • Like 1