The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

Saw the film today with my son - not bad although I did glance at my watch to see how long was left a few times. I was amazed how many of the Lego sets had so little screen time. Scuttler and Batmobile aside, blink and you missed them (unless I dozed after eating too much popcorn). 

It was almost like the Lego set designers and film makers were not quite on the same script. 

Sadly, bit of a miss for me all round. 

• Like 1

Saw the film today with my son - not bad although I did glance at my watch to see how long was left a few times. I was amazed how many of the Lego sets had so little screen time. Scuttler and Batmobile aside, blink and you missed them (unless I dozed after eating too much popcorn). 
It was almost like the Lego set designers and film makers were not quite on the same script. 

And the penguin three seconds

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Villager Chris said:

This post is fairly accurate.......for me as far as the movie goes it wasn't horrible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

This post is fairly accurate.......for me as far as the movie goes it wasn't horrible.

Thanks buddy.  As many of the sets' screen time was limited, I don't see kids resonating with them. For example, I like the arctic roller, but I showed my son the set, and he barely recognise it. He is too young to know anything else about Batman. 

Where were the sub-plots involving the sets and minifigures? Where were the mini-figure cameos? The film wasn't bad, but I would have loved to see a 'Lego home-run'. For me, the film limped to first base.  

It will be interesting to see how the discounts play out in months to come. 

Edited by Villager Chris

Guest TabbyBoy

I finally watched the movie all the way through and kept thinking, "are we nearly at the end yet?" I tried to keep an eye out for all the sets in the theme and, I agree, they didn't get much screen time at all - very disappointing and it doesn't bode well for investing in any of these sets. I doubt they'll do as well as the first LEGO movie and they didn't exactly set Wall Street on fire, did they? However, it'll be interesting to see the box office numbers in a few weeks' time. Of all the sets available, I prefer the Artic Roller.

Finally watched the movie.  In general it was good even though a few parts dragged.   There were too many awkward silence type scenes for my liking.  On the other hand, the shoutout to older Batman movies and TV shows were great.  Lol at "we're gonna hit them so hard words are going to spontaneously appear on screen".

There were too many vehicles with too little screen time. Ditto for the villains / characters.  For the most part the screen was so crowded with moving pieces it was hard to keep track of what's going on.  All of the sales around TLBM sets in the past 2 weeks make sense now. :drag:

• Like 3

Finally watched the movie.  In general it was good even though a few parts dragged.   There were too many awkward silence type scenes for my liking.  On the other hand, the shoutout to older Batman movies and TV shows were great.  Lol at "we're gonna hit them so hard words are going to spontaneously appear on screen".
There were too many vehicles with too little screen time. Ditto for the villains / characters.  For the most part the screen was so crowded with moving pieces it was hard to keep track of what's going on.  All of the sales around TLBM sets in the past 2 weeks make sense now. :drag:

I agree, there were some great shout outs. This movie was definitely made with my generation in mind. Lots of grown up jokes and pop references: jerry Macguire, Michael Jackson, all the questionable pop music that Robin likes.

It is true that you don't see the vehicles much, but they need to drive something. I'm sure these vehicles will appear in the video games, straight to dvd shows/movies and activity books.

What impressed me was the scutter. I didn't really care for the set. But after seeing it in action, it played a very cool role in the movie.

I'd like to see a batwing set, crammed with the 4 heroes, being covered with Gremlins.

And a Wayne Mansion.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

$80 million budget. Grossed $260 million worldwide as of march 9th. Us and Canada $150 million and $110 other countries.

meaning, moderately successful (compared to the first Lego movie) since half of the gross was being spend for marketing beforehand

Edited by Frank Brickowski

Too bad they didn't make these for the previous series.  I like the idea that Jang came up with using the color coordinated off brand plates. 

Something like this would be great for Disney. Hope this becomes a standard, though I didn't buy it so I don't know the quality of the frame. It's $16.99, if the frame is cheap, it may be best to just BL the base plate and slopes. 133ddd9bd79bb6fc62da5c357d17b739.jpg