The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the movie is all but out of the theaters and headed to DVD, which wave 1 sets are potential investment winners? Penguins arctic roller is a good choice. Which else?

With magic I'm able to get majority of the sets at near 50% off. Which do I gun for?

1 hour ago, jaylay said:

Now that the movie is all but out of the theaters and headed to DVD, which wave 1 sets are potential investment winners? Penguins arctic roller is a good choice. Which else?

With magic I'm able to get majority of the sets at near 50% off. Which do I gun for?

AFAIK 853651 is doing extremely well in US/NA region.

1 hour ago, jaylay said:

"The Speedwagon" is probably the safest of the bunch.

From the movie perspective, scuttler has the most airtime (of the vehicles) and was pretty cool to boot, though the figure selection is lacking and I feel like it is massively overpriced.   Batmobile suffers the minifig problem, kabuki twins are blah. 

If you can score at 50% who cares you'll do fine regardless but I don't see a surefire winner other than maybe artic roller due to exclusivity. 

Now I have to go look at TLM sets and see which are doing well...

From the movie perspective, scuttler has the most airtime (of the vehicles) and was pretty cool to boot, though the figure selection is lacking and I feel like it is massively overpriced.   Batmobile suffers the minifig problem, kabuki twins are blah. 
If you can score at 50% who cares you'll do fine regardless but I don't see a surefire winner other than maybe artic roller due to exclusivity. 
Now I have to go look at TLM sets and see which are doing well...

Emmet's Mech

Guest TabbyBoy

Since none are at 50% off in the UK, I've bought nothing. However, I'll pick up an Arctic Roller if I see one at <£20 ;-)

Remember, if you can buy a set dirt cheap, a QFLL can probably get it even cheaper!

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Val-E said:

And the couch. Problem is you are as likely to load up on turds as on gems unless you really have a strong nose for the good sets. Arctic Roller is on everyone´s radar so that might even be the one to avoid.

A lot think that the AR is the best set, me included. From what I see on UK shelves, none are rare. Since the Tumbler has bombed, what hope is there for the Ultimate Batmobile?

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

A lot think that the AR is the best set, me included. From what I see on UK shelves, none are rare. Since the Tumbler has bombed, what hope is there for the Ultimate Batmobile?

After looking at the pictures I am surprised you had any hope in the ultimate bat mobile.