TRU not price Match Amazon anymore?

toni8284

Hi

I am pretty sure some of us got shot down when price match to Amazon. What they explain to me is the Prime logo next to the price. So it's a membership only price.

But for the member that had Prime all knew, that's not the case. What Prime gave us is 2 Day free shipping and video streaming.

Does anyone know why TRU is doing that? because what they explanation is wrong.

And on TRU.com, they still say they price match Amazon.

So, any thoughts how we can still price match to Amazon and argue with them?

Since I dont see anything officially release from the TRU Corp.  

If you go to amazon.com and logout of your account (just search amazon as a "guest").  Most items will have the same price with "free shipping on orders over $49".  Of course, a difficult employee may still refuse if the item is under $49.  And of course there are a few items (like the current Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine) that are "for Prime members only".  Those might be tough to price match if you have a difficult store policy... try another store. ;) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

If you go to amazon.com and logout of your account (just search amazon as a "guest").  Most items will have the same price with "free shipping on orders over $49".  Of course, a difficult employee may still refuse if the item is under $49.  And of course there are a few items (like the current Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine) that are "for Prime members only".  Those might be tough to price match if you have a difficult store policy... try another store. ;) 

I tried to log out, but I still see the prime logo next to it. Maybe I need to clear my cache...

But my amazon app in iPhone works after I log out.

Thanks!

Problem solved.

Edited by toni8284
  • Like 1

They are getting it confused with Marketplace pricing which they say they won't PM. Graciously show them the PM policy. If that won't work ask to speak to a manager.

If they won't budge you could always buy a $1 item and give a bad survey or call their DM and explain how it affected you.

• Like 2

At one TRU I was told about 2 weeks ago that they can't price match Prime. 

Yesterday at a different local TRU neither the regular cashier nor the manager he had to call over for numbers to continue with the discount had an issue price matching 3 items from Amazon with Prime stickers on their pages. 

29 minutes ago, Bags751 said:

At one TRU I was told about 2 weeks ago that they can't price match Prime. 

Yesterday at a different local TRU neither the regular cashier nor the manager he had to call over for numbers to continue with the discount had an issue price matching 3 items from Amazon with Prime stickers on their pages. 

If it's sold by Amazon.com, they'll PM.  YMMV if it's sold by a 3p and/or fulfilled by Amazon.

45 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

If it's sold by Amazon.com, they'll PM.  YMMV if it's sold by a 3p and/or fulfilled by Amazon.

The discussion was about some TRU not price matching Amazon items, despite them being sold by Amazon.com and not a 3rd party, purely because it has the Prime logo next to it. 

The cashier who refused me the other week said he was told not to price match anything from Amazon if it had Prime next to it. I pointed out it was sold by Amazon.com and not a 3rd party, and he said that didn't matter, he couldn't because it had Prime next to it. 

59 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

It's not YMMV. It's clearly stated in their PM policy that they do not match third party.

That's kind of the point;  if it's against company policy, but there are managers that will match anyways, it's the definition of YMMV.  Whereas if the policy states the company will match amazon.com and doesn't say anything about not matching because of the Prime designation, that is NOT YMMV.  It's as simple as pulling out the policy and having the manager show you where in the company policy it states they cannot match because of the item being offered as a Prime product.  Once they fail to do so, which is inevitable because it is not there, get your price match and thank them.

6 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

That's kind of the point;  if it's against company policy, but there are managers that will match anyways, it's the definition of YMMV.  Whereas if the policy states the company will match amazon.com and doesn't say anything about not matching because of the Prime designation, that is NOT YMMV.  It's as simple as pulling out the policy and having the manager show you where in the company policy it states they cannot match because of the item being offered as a Prime product.  Once they fail to do so, which is inevitable because it is not there, get your price match and thank them.

I thought I should add;  it's possible this manager is lumping all Prime products with those deals that are for Prime members only.  Most products that have the Prime designation are the same price regardless if you're a Prime member or not, but Prime members receive the free 2-day shipping.  There are deals in which Prime members receive a discount and these rightly should not be price matched.  But these deals are few and far between.  The easiest way to prove this to a manager is to have them look at the product on Amazon without being signed in.  If it's a deal only for Prime members, it will clearly state that it is.  Otherwise, it will just have an option for you to click saying you would like free 2-day shipping and then direct you to sign in once you click 'Checkout'.

Edited by Loghamel

1 hour ago, Bags751 said:

The discussion was about some TRU not price matching Amazon items, despite them being sold by Amazon.com and not a 3rd party, purely because it has the Prime logo next to it. 

The cashier who refused me the other week said he was told not to price match anything from Amazon if it had Prime next to it. I pointed out it was sold by Amazon.com and not a 3rd party, and he said that didn't matter, he couldn't because it had Prime next to it. 

Yes, I'm aware of what the discussion was about, which was the point of the first sentence in my response.  The second sentence was for differentiation.   As I said, if it's a Prime product that is the same price for non-prime members, the company policy is to PM it.  If the manager will not, they are not following company policy, plain and simple.