Should I ship to this address? Advice for protection?

BrickSapper

Ok, I received a strange ebay winning bid for a large value item (over $500) for the following address:  

USF smokelone[change]
7866 SW Nimbus Ave
Ste 767270
Beaverton, OR 97008

What shipping service should I use to ensure protection that this is not a scam.  I have a phone number that I could call to verify.  When I google this address, it just shows up as a corner in a business area.  Should I address it to the name on the paypal payment or use the provided Ebay address that doesn't have a actual name but appears to be a business name?

If they are the same address it shouldn't matter. My ebay account has my name since I don't have a store, but my paypal account has my business name since it is a business paypal account. They have the exact same street address though. Take lots of pictures of your item and the packaging. Send it insured with adult signature required. Check the feedback and how long they have been a member. If it seems fishy or your gut just won't shut up about it, just cancel it.

Edited by MarxMarvelous

1 minute ago, BrickSapper said:

What shipping service should I use to ensure protection that this is not a scam.  I have a phone number that I could call to verify.  When I google this address, it just shows up as a corner in a business area.  Should I address it to the name on the paypal payment or use the provided Ebay address that doesn't have a actual name but appears to be a business name?

I just sold some items recently myself about $150-$200 and I found myself in a  similar situation, as to me I seen some very strange address's. So I also looked them up and seen some sketchy looking business's. I shipped out with tracking, everything arrived & no complaints. To cover your end ship to the exact name & address they have listed on paypal. How is the buyers feedback I use that as a general baseline. I did refund one guy due to 0 feedback.

I agree with all the other posts here. It's fine. This is a overseas forwarder. There are many here in tax free Oregon. I've shipped to this same address before, different suite number. Ship to whatever address/name is on the verified PayPal info to cover yourself. As long as it's PayPal verified, no need to get too vigilante.

It seems too elaborate to be a scam to me honestly. When all you really have to do to scam someone is buy something then file a chargeback with your credit card company saying it was unauthorized and bam, free Lego, every time. It has happened to me more times than I remember now. Luckily I have always been covered under paypal seller protection. I assume Paypal is getting sick of buying Lego for scammers around the world, but their inaction over the years on the issue says otherwise.

• 6 months later...
On 4/14/2016 at 10:32 AM, BrickSapper said:

Thxs for the quick replies.  Some more info.  The feedback is 10 but nothing within the last year.  The PayPal name is an Asian name.  Leaning on shipping based on the replies and advise.  Using eBay shipping name and address with signature required.

Hi, did you have any problems when shipping to this buyer finally? or everything went well?