75825 - Piggy Pirate Ship

6 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Does he still post on BP ? Haven't seen him in a long time .

Here and there.

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Does he still post on BP ? Haven't seen him in a long time .

Look like his last post was in January

After hearing about the news of the new pirates of the Caribbean ship, I got hooked on lego boats. Already contemplating buying the imperial flagship, but wanted to try a small "boat" set before committing alot of money. 

I already bought some of these sets as got for about 60% off. Previously I thought the set was so ridiculous (in a good sense) that it made it work, but after building I love the set even more.

It such a great build, it's one of those sets that you really need to build to fully appreciate it as pictures don't do it justice. I know that I won't be the only AFOL after this sets retires that will want to add it to his collection, it's sort of seacow junior.

I personally feel that when this retires most people will regret not picking it up. I dont expect it to do amazing, however it can be bought easily for 50-60% off in UK. I have no doubt that this set will be one of the few angry bird sets that will get back to RRP in no time. It also a pretty high probability of never being re-made, not heavily stockpiled  (compared to other sets...).

20170228_221022.jpg

3 people like this

You've probably got the right approach. Build up (no pun intended!) towards the Imperial Flagship.... cause seriously, once you've built that, not much is going to ever compare again. BP or QAR maybe, but even those might not be big enough to satisfy the need of impressive ship builds. I went ahead and started building a custom ship since nothing Lego offered was comparably awesome to the IF.  

1 person likes this