Solo: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Message added by Jeff Mack

Link to the "spoiler/I have seen it" thread for Solo: A Star Wars movie (remember you need to "join" the club to view the content)
https://community.brickpicker.com/forums/topic/19227-the-i-have-seen-solo-and-want-to-talk-about-it-thread/

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Should probably mention they were fired by Kathy, they didn't voluntarily leave. . .

Maybe KK should direct and write every SW film as she wants to control everything.  Just look at the many plot holes / bad edits in TFA (doubt it was alll JJ & LK) and what happened to GE while directing Rogue One.  I doubt she can envision / maintain an entire universe and it's continuity like Kevin Feige at Disney Marvel.  No idea how JJ fits into here but he seems to be everywhere still. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Maybe KK should direct and write every SW film as she wants to control everything.  Just look at the many plot holes / bad edits in TFA (doubt it was alll JJ & LK) and what happened to GE while directing Rogue One.  I doubt she can envision / maintain an entire universe and it's continuity like Kevin Feige at Disney Marvel.  No idea how JJ fits into here but he seems to be everywhere still. 

Casting change in the works.

2a0ab118c46c4e62c7066338d2a14888.jpg

• Like 4

I was really excited to see where Lord & Miller could take this property. Especially with a comedic talent like Donald Glover on board.

Would it 'feel' exactly like Star Wars? Maybe not, and maybe that would have been great.

Maybe this could have been the Guardians of the Galaxy or even the Deadpool of the Star Wars Universe.

Not now, it seems

Again I have to ask.  Other than more Lego sets, do we really need a Han Solo movie considering H.Ford isn't in it?  Are we just suppose to forget how differently the two Hans look in just 10 (or so years ) apart in the timeline?  

I would have rather watched a movie set in-between ROTS and Rogue One with Vader. Maybe even sprinkle in a little Yoda on Dagobah and Kenobi on Tatooine. No no, the suits decided that would be a comic.

• Like 2

Another interesting fact which emerged with this news is the fact that Kathleen Kennedy was very close sacking Gareth Edwards from Rogue One. Finally she decided to reshoot and add few extra scenes to the Rogue One with new director, the scene with Darth Vader wasn't even in the scenario and the movie itself, it's there because of her initiatives and ofc concerns about the final output after seeing Garteh Edwards cut. That's why board members weren't pleased seeing the movie for the first time about half a year before it's release.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It appears that Kathleen went with Lawrence Kasdan's suggestion to fire them.

Look, young Larry helped give us ESB and Indiana Jones so I don't like saying anything bad about him.  

I think CT is even a tad concerned about his job security considering his latest film (Harry something) is flopping.

oh well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,
The weekend comes, my cycle hums
Ready to race to you

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-han-solo-ron-howard-director-1202474294/

How cyclical life is. Young Ron Howard stars in American Graffiti, which invented Lucas, Lucas invents Han solo, 40 years later, Ron Howard directs young Han Solo.

George Lucas creates star wars, , George Lucas destroys star wars, ,,,,,,woman inherits the earth (Kathleen Kennedy) 

giphy.gif

• Like 4