75158 - Rebel Combat Frigate

exciter1

The biggest problem with this set is that we got our hopes up when we heard there might be a new frigate and probably all had an image of an OT frigate, and then this set appears and yuck.

A frigate to me in Star Wars is the medical frigate, that would have been cool if done right. But we're not the Rebels market, are we.

10 hours ago, jaisonline said:

So far Rebels sets have been hit or miss.  

As an investment some have been hits, but have any of them been special looking sets, The Ghost looks crap and don't get me started on The Phantom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

As an investment some have been hits, but have any of them been special looking sets, The Ghost looks crap and don't get me started on The Phantom.

A-Wing vs Tie looks awesome.

I can understand you don't like the look of the Ghost, but at least it is faithfull to the source material.

ghost.png

As someone who really enjoys the Rebels series I do think that some of the ship designs are a bit uninspired, however the same thing can be said about some Force Awakens sets.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

A-Wing vs Tie looks awesome.

I can understand you don't like the look of the Ghost, but at least it is faithfull to the source material.

As someone who really enjoys the Rebels series I do think that some of the ship designs are a bit uninspired, however the same thing can be said about some Force Awakens sets.

The image you have there is a Mod/Moc, the Ghost set is a lot stubbier.  

75053_main.jpg

• Like 2

i just remembered this set was in a total of 2-3 episodes, right?  if so, d'oh.  it wasn't even that cool. 

make a 10198 remake or a better ghost / phantom combo.  heck, anything is better. this is going to be another Rebels flop despite cool minifigs.  at least we have the lego vader tie / awing combo coming soon.

• 2 months later...

I am not usually a complainer, but this set is a huge disappointment.  Could have been an amazing set if they had put the time in to make it look anything like the source material, especially if they added a couple hundred pieces.  So disappointed that this is what was produced...opportunity missed by Lego.

I'll be buying it for $35 on clearance at Walmart in 12 months bc my kids want the minifigures. They haven't missed a Rebels episode and they didn't even recognize the ship...

• Like 1

On 5/15/2016 at 3:26 PM, Migration said:

Word on the street is that it's a possible TRU exclusive, so it will live on at an inflated price...

I did see it at TRU.  The other interesting thing is that on LEGO Shop at Home, it is in the "Online Only" category along with some other sets.  For example, Rha's al Ghul and Doctor Strange and the Tanker Truck Takedown.

• Like 1