Anything of value here?

donbee

Question

Found this lot on CL.
The price seems ok for bulk plus minifigs, but I'm not really that interested in 34 lbs of Lego right now.
BUT, it looks like there are some interesting minifigs, so I wanted your advice.

Back story:
CL ad says 34-35 lbs of Lego, including 100+ minifigs: $380.
I contacted the seller, asked about condition, instructions, etc. and if there any complete sets. he says they were his nephews, a few years ago they sold some stuff, this is what's left over. He has no idea if there are complete sets. It's possible he says. Condition is suppose to be great, you can't tell much from the pics. He shared with me that one of the base plates has a chip, and sent me a pic of it. He also says some of the minifigs are mix-matched. You can see a white storm trooper with a black helmet, and some guy with a red light saber. 

I passed on it, now he contacts me again and says he'd like to make a deal.

What intrigues me is the minifigs. My knowledge of sets before 2015 is weak. I don't know what minifig goes with what set.
I can clearly see Disney cars, of course, but I also see spider man, indiana jones, many different droids and storm troopers and other SW characters.
Unfortunately, I don't know what comes in a battle pack, and what belongs to a nice ship.
I imagine, some one didn't buy only the ship and left the minifigs, so I'm hoping there's evidence of some complete/mostly complete sets.

Can you give a fellow Brick Picker a hand?

Thank you!

cl lot 3.jpg

CL lot.jpg

CL lot2.jpg

12 answers to this question

That grey wing piece is wicked rare it only came out in 7683 Indiana Jones plane Chase. 98 is r2 d7. 91 a Royal guard. 89 is called Vader's Mask. 8 is Chima series. 14 16 17 42 is a Medieval knight. The tan baseplate leafs me to believe you have Western theme or Lone Ranger. 30 and 9 are Western. 88 is Jack Stone. Selling the baseplates and half the mini figures you would already have you money back plus profit. If you can rebuild any of the sets you will get more. Especially the Star Wars ones you got are 2003/2004 and up.  And if you hold them and Start selling around November you will get your holiday bonus early. Last year was insane at holiday time and there's no reason why it won't be wilder this year because of the Star Wars movie coming out in winter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donbee said:

Fail.

Counter offered. Settled at $320. He was going to send more pics, then replied that he had it listed on eBay, and it sold at $380.

It was one of you, wasn't it!

I would say by not buying it you may have got the better deal

• Like 2

15 hours ago, justapilgrim said:

10% fees and shipping won't be cheap, he should have taken your offer

14 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Don't forget paypal fees. Unless shipping is less than $20 he lost out.

This is what I was thinking.. unless he's a powerseller and getting lower fees (which is unlikely if he's listing on CL), then he's maybe making a few bucks more for all the effort to pack and ship. (which I know isn't much but yeesh, so much easier to sell locally if you can)