76067 - Tanker Truck Takedown

30 posts in this topic

LEGO-Civil-War-Spider-Man-Set-Back-Tanke

76067-1.jpg?201605140658

The final Captain America: Civil War set was revealed today.  Tanker Truck Takedown.  Includes Captain America, the Vision, Hawkeye, and the first ever MCU Spider-Man.  Looks like it could pair nicely with the 76051 Super Hero Airport Battle.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really surprised they went with airport part 2. 
So no final act set, meaning 76047: Black Panther Pursuit, is going to be the only Black Panther until the 2018 movie sets. 
Interesting.   
 

Edited by feed
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about it, the more disappointing this set is.  Another Cap, another Hawkeye, another Spiderman, okay so he’s MCU Spiderman but with the reboot next year and all the new Spiderman sets we’re hardly short of Spidermans.  So this set adds Vision not in the Quinjet set and a truck.
Bet a lot of kids could replicate this from their existing superheroes and a city sets.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's one of the worst looking lego trucks I've ever seen... did it look like that in the movie?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the entire packaging, etc. looks awful - it looks like one of the knock-off sets.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, what good is a normal sized Ant-Man figure? Sure, for those who missed the Ant-Man set it's a thing, but as far as TLG is concerned they covered the character sufficiently in his action forms of Micro and Giant. This set is good for people who want the civil war characters because it gives them a new Deco Hawkeye, a new Spider-Man, an alternate head deco Vision (is it?) and Captain America, whose name is on the box.

Just like the Crossbones Hazard Heist and the Black Panther Pursuit, we get vehicles that are vaguely reminiscent of the ones from the movie, but in this case it's larger,not smaller. But the real thing is,people buy super hero sets for the minifigures. This set is going to sell. Will it sell well aftermarket? Do most super hero sets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Really surprised they went with airport part 2. 

So no final act set, meaning 76047: Black Panther Pursuit, is going to be the only Black Panther until the 2018 movie sets. 

Interesting.   

 

Let's just hope he isn't added to dimensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

But the real thing is,people buy super hero sets for the minifigures.

Sure, but who doesn’t have a Captain America, a Spiderman and probably a Hawkeye.  I have a pile of the Hawkeye polys and they don’t sell well.  I know collectors need every variant, but your average buyer?  Just don’t think there is enough in it compared to the other Civil war sets.  Black Panther Pursuit and Crossbones' Hazard Heist both feel to have so much more going for them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, feed said:

Sure, but who doesn’t have a Captain America, a Spiderman and probably a Hawkeye.  I have a pile of the Hawkeye polys and they don’t sell well.  I know collectors need every variant, but your average buyer?  Just don’t think there is enough in it compared to the other Civil war sets.  Black Panther Pursuit and Crossbones' Hazard Heist both feel to have so much more going for them.  

This is just a substitution for the hydra fortress. Check back in a year to see how that one does, and base your projections on that. Personally, I would think that the parts are greater than the whole with this one. People who buy early and part out will do the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

This is just a substitution for the hydra fortress. Check back in a year to see how that one does, and base your projections on that. Personally, I would think that the parts are greater than the whole with this one. People who buy early and part out will do the best.

I would even say that buying the set, removing the minifigs (to flip now, or sell later), and throwing away the rest (which is really just filler) - will do better than the whole on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

This is just a substitution for the hydra fortress. Check back in a year to see how that one does, and base your projections on that. Personally, I would think that the parts are greater than the whole with this one. People who buy early and part out will do the best.

I’d say Hydra Fortress has a much better outlook, largely due to Quicksilver, but that’s by the bye. I have a do not buy on this set.  As personally, I just don’t get to see big enough discounts to see any value in this.   But I’m just disappointed from a Civil War set point of view, rather than investment opportunity, as I was hoping for a final act set or something.  All of the other Civil War sets have something to offer, this just falls flat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, feed said:

I’d say Hydra Fortress has a much better outlook, largely due to Quicksilver, but that’s by the bye. I have a do not buy on this set.  As personally, I just don’t get to see big enough discounts to see any value in this.   But I’m just disappointed from a Civil War set point of view, rather than investment opportunity, as I was hoping for a final act set or something.  All of the other Civil War sets have something to offer, this just falls flat.  

I am much more interested in this set than hydra fortress. Half of a half of a mediocre fortress and 2 unique characters that die in the film vs, a complete vehicle and 3 unique hero variants. If it would have been from the final act, they would have just given us hydra smash pt. 2 with cap, iron man, winter soldier, zero, and maybe black panther. Would that be a more appealing set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the Batman R'as set, this is already on back-order. Me wonders if this thing might be this year's Ant-man set and disappear suddenly. Might pick up a few soon off a shelf I know about.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Like the Batman R'as set, this is already on back-order. Me wonders if this thing might be this year's Ant-man set and disappear suddenly. Might pick up a few soon off a shelf I know about.....


Built it yesterday, cool tanker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, exciter1 said:


Built it yesterday, cool tanker.

I do like the look of it. I've always said that evil Octan monopoly needs some competition, but Roxxon is like going from the frying pan to the fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Like the Batman R'as set, this is already on back-order. Me wonders if this thing might be this year's Ant-man set and disappear suddenly. Might pick up a few soon off a shelf I know about.....


Let me guess, you're off to the Dr Strange thread now to post that that one is done as well. All three of these sets are exclusive to one retailer here, it doesn't mean they're all done after a month. Sorry, I don't buy it. Have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dcdfan said:


Let me guess, you're off to the Dr Strange thread now to post that that one is done as well. All three of these sets are exclusive to one retailer here, it doesn't mean they're all done after a month. Sorry, I don't buy it. Have fun. emoji849.png

You would guess incorrectly as the Dr Strange set was just released and is based on a movie that won't even be in theatres for months. Whereas this set is based on a movie from months ago, and the R'as set is if anything based on videos from the other year, and both have been available for longer. Apples and oranges. Even Lego wouldn't let supply of a set run out BEFORE the movie is out. I will be buying both, and leave Dr Strange for now. They seem very comparable to what happened with Raptor Escape, Brainiac Attacks, and Zombies. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.