76067 - Tanker Truck Takedown

30 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

You would guess incorrectly as the Dr Strange set was just released and is based on a movie that won't even be in theatres for months. Whereas this set is based on a movie from months ago, and the R'as set is if anything based on videos from the other year, and both have been available for longer. Apples and oranges. Even Lego wouldn't let supply of a set run out BEFORE the movie is out. I will be buying both, and leave Dr Strange for now. They seem very comparable to what happened with Raptor Escape, Brainiac Attacks, and Zombies. 

Sorry, no. the Batman set is based on comic books. Ra's Al Ghul, Talia Al' Ghul, Damien Wayne are all comic related. They wouldn't base it off of a DTV movie. Tanker Truck takedown would have to be preparing for and including the home video release. Any suggestion of them ending these 2 after a month is premature.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Sorry, no. the Batman set is based on comic books. Ra's Al Ghul, Talia Al' Ghul, Damien Wayne are all comic related. They wouldn't base it off of a DTV movie. Tanker Truck takedown would have to be preparing for and including the home video release. Any suggestion of them ending these 2 after a month is premature.

Sorry, yes. These versions of these characters have all appeared in the DC direct to home video releases of the past few years, which is the only place the kids would be exposed to them. Yes those are in turn inspired by the comics, but they are much more closely linked to the recent videos, similar to how muc of the Spidey sets are based on the cartoon on TV, rather than the comics of past decades.

Edited by jeff_14

I've found Ra's Al Ghul and Doctor Strange, but not this set locally. I'm looking forward to doing a few reviews soon. Was really hoping to do this one. Looks like it's backordered from LEGO Shop. Toys R Us is OOS, and it makes me irritable since it's on sale and they won't raincheck it.