5004419 - Classic Knights Minifigure Promo set

Nsheppard9101

34 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Did they have minifigs with stickers in the early days? I thought they were all printed.

The first couple years of Town (1977 - 1978), all torsos were plain with a few including front torso stickers. 1979 was the start in featuring torso printing but some minifigures still used stickers instead. Around 1982 I believe is when they phased out the torso stickers completely.

34 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

It's also possible they will start doing the most popular city subthemes. They could do a classic firefighter, classic policeman, classic construction worker,... Those all have plenty of history to make a nice booklet.

The field of construction has been a part of their lineage for almost as long as firefighters and police making for another good possibility.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, c_rpg said:

Did they have minifigs with stickers in the early days? I thought they were all printed.

It's also possible they will start doing the most popular city subthemes. They could do a classic firefighter, classic policeman, classic construction worker,... Those all have plenty of history to make a nice booklet.

Yeah, some of the first red and white spacemen had stickers.

sp064.jpg

Construction worker is a good shout too. Easy to add some sort of cart as the mini-build too, like this guy from Ideas book 6000.

con2.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tractorboy said:

Construction worker is a good shout too. Easy to add some sort of cart as the mini-build too, like this guy from Ideas book 6000.

con2.jpg

I loved my construction vest and hard hat. And the broom and shovel were my favorite accessories.... Oh the memories. I'd love a classic minifig city set!

13 hours ago, tractorboy said:

Yeah, some of the first red and white spacemen had stickers.

sp064.jpg

Wow! I had most of the original Classic space sets brand new off the shelf back in the day and never encountered a spaceman with a sticker. They all came printed. Maybe it was a regional thing? Europe vs North America?

• 6 months later...

I believe only some early production runs of the oldest classic space sets had stickered torsos. Later production runs of those sets had printed torsos. So it's not surprising that you didn't find any stickered spacemen if you didn't buy those sets in early 1979.