60102 - Airport VIP Service

brickolodon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

This was a great set for me. Got 5 on clearance at $30 each a few months ago, all sold for more than twice that after fees, shipping, etc.

This set should easily get to $100+ within 1-2 years, assuming there isn't a rehash any time soon. The previous iteration, 3222, also did very well. There are definitely some money makers in the City theme. You just have to know where to look. My three dozen are in cold storage until Christmas of 2019...muahahahahaha.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Val-E said:

RRP was 60 Canadian $ according to Brickset, which is almost half the European RRP at current exchange rates.

I only got it to $30 using coupons, etc. The lowest sale price was $45 before taxes. I’ll take a 100% return in 4 months no problem. That’s more than 300% on an annualized basis. 

9 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

This set should easily get to $100+ within 1-2 years, assuming there isn't a rehash any time soon. The previous iteration, 3222, also did very well. There are definitely some money makers in the City theme. You just have to know where to look. My three dozen are in cold storage until Christmas of 2019...muahahahahaha.

Got mine for 25€ each, got only 25pcs and I guess 100-120 Euro should be doable next XMAS.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

My first investment rule is to stay far away from any set you go all on!

I can'r agree more, I call it "thinking outside the box". I've never mentioned my biggest gems on here until after the fact. My biggest "secrets" were:

• An outlet in Texas where I could obtain as many Mars Rovers that would fit in 4 suitcases (I did pay import duty and VAT!) - about £22.50 each.
  • I went all-in on Elves Dragon Sanctuary, Elves Secret Marketplace and Raptor Escape at -50% (SaH and Asda)
  • Cleaned out the £12 Eiffel Towers (Asda), £11.33 Spaceports (Tesco) and £8 Popstar Buses (Tesco). If prices are this good, I simply keep ordering until gone.

I've not bought anything else in a long time as frankly there's nothing but crap on sales right now. Even if I did buy again, NONE of it will be Star Wars or any other overpriced Disney junk.

I await Hippielego's response - LOL.

i've sold several of these for $84 FBA which is 68% over msrp .  not bad return  for $25 buyin less than 12 months but relative to msrp agree its pretty weak.  seller count is still in the 40s even at this stage so it will need to get cut in by a third or so to get the price over $100.  just keep praying for no remake.  otherwise we'll be pulling out the Bill Paxton game over gif

Edited by cladner

In my experience, planes and trains have usually done very well post EOL. This set seemed special to me even for planes given its size and mix with a limo. Doesn't strike me as something that will be redone anytime soon so I thought you'd find it encouraging that I sold through my holdings so shortly after purchase. I have sets that linger for 2-3 years but no grass grows under this set it seems. You long term holders should do well. Now to plow my winnings into pumpkin futures.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cladner said:

i've sold several of these for $84 FBA which is 68% over msrp .  not bad return  for $25 buyin less than 12 months but relative to msrp agree its pretty weak.  seller count is still in the 40s even at this stage so it will need to get cut in by a third or so to get the price over $100.  just keep praying for no remake.  otherwise we'll be pulling out the Bill Paxton game over gif

I am guessing there will be another airport subtheme in late 2019, but they´ll probably change the focus back to cargo again.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Val-E said:

I am guessing there will be another airport subtheme in late 2019, but they´ll probably change the focus back to cargo again.

I'm surprised there's not another airport passenger or cargo plane out yet. I suppose I'd better get shot on my 60104 that I got from Tesco at £36 last year.

Guest TabbyBoy
32 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I am thinking the same. That one just hasn´t taken off like 60022 did.

3182 peaked at around £175 when I sold mine, it's now back down to Earth so we may have a short window on 60104. Considering what I paid at Tesco, there's still good money to be made.