60132 - Service Station

TheOrcKing

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Great, this means you have to buy two copies of the set for your city layout.

Too true, Brian!  I hate to admit it, but I was thinking of doing that anyway.  Oh! how they get you one way or another.  Still, a couple of sets might make a fairly decent fuel-cum-repair centre MOC.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Jangbricks review is up, and this set is supposed to cost .... $90! For 515 bricks .... *sigh*

SURPRISE: it is actually a 2-in-1 build, with a second set of instructions to build a repair shop:

Screenshot from 2016-05-18 16:04:18.png

PS: Why does this site mangle posts/edits when there is too much inline content? I just had to redo this entire post because it blanked out.
Edited by Phil B

Maybe if everything were printed, the price tag could be somewhat justified but all I see are stickers galore. Also the parts selection is average of a City set or anything honestly. Just shy of a hundred bucks, I don't think so. To me this has Toys R Us exclusive written all over it.

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Jangbricks review is up, and this set is supposed to cost .... $90! For 515 bricks .... *sigh*

SURPRISE: it is actually a 2-in-1 build, with a second set of instructions to build a repair shop:

Stickers are expensive :P

Also it is missing a helicopter :D

• Like 1

Just now, gravtation said:

Can someone really explain the 109.99$ price for this set, 515 pieces? any real special pieces ?...

Funny you should mention that... i was just watching Jang's a review of this set and he comments on the absurd price as well. Nice little set, but the price seems almost wrong..

• Like 1

I believe most set prices are based on two sets of variables; license vs. non-license and weight.  Since most sets, on average, have about the same ratio of plates, small, medium, and large bricks, it's pretty easy to guesstimate the price of a set based on piece count.  But some sets are comprised of many large bricks and plates, so that is when the fact that set prices are based on weight and not piece-count is really noticeable.