Can Chima Speedorz go the same way as Ninjago Spinners?

TheOrcKing

Is that a challenge? Ha ha. I thought those were some pretty cool builds, and I'm in the same league of not seeing much for MOC potential....yet. :shifty: The part holding the wheel is limited to say the least but that cover piece holds some interesting applications in my mind.

Not to mention....the gears are pretty stout...and begging for a small dc motor and 9v.  I am working on it already..just can't "lego" the motor to the gears to stay in mesh under load----as a speedor anyways--too tight.

I think that the point with Chima is the target audience loves animals and will love these even more when the series is every week.

Adult Fans and older boys love Ninjas more than animals, not true of the four to nine year old kids. The Cub Scouts I lead love Chima just as much as Ninjago and have commented that their sisters love Chima (animals) just as much! Their sisters have watched the three released episodes and play with the Chima Legos.

Part of the huge price increase in Ninjagos is because of older kids and adults loving Ninjas, not the younger target audience demand. I expect Chima prices to go up, especially because it seems to appeal to more girls than Ninjago, but, I don't expect them to go up as much as Ninjagos because my guess is that Ninjagos' fan audience, not their target audience, is larger.

• Like 2

I think that the point with Chima is the target audience loves animals and will love these even more when the series is every week.

Adult Fans and older boys love Ninjas more than animals, not true of the four to nine year old kids. The Cub Scouts I lead love Chima just as much as Ninjago and have commented that their sisters love Chima (animals) just as much! Their sisters have watched the three released episodes and play with the Chima Legos.

Part of the huge price increase in Ninjagos is because of older kids and adults loving Ninjas, not the younger target audience demand. I expect Chima prices to go up, especially because it seems to appeal to more girls than Ninjago, but, I don't expect them to go up as much as Ninjagos because my guess is that Ninjagos' fan audience, not their target audience, is larger.

Hit it right on the button. Ninjago fans are growing up, and so Lego is tailoring the new sets and storylines to fit their increasing age (evil robots). Chima is still growing its fans, but they are almost all young fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

There was a thread earlier this year discussing the investment potential of Speedorz, with mixed feelings. Given that the first wave of Speedorz are on clearance right now and most probably EOL, I think it's worth revisiting.

Of the 16 Speedorz-related sets (70100-70115), so far 9 are showing positive CAGR already. Keep in mind many of these are still available on Amazon and from Lego.com and Lego stores with clearance prices, but they still have positive returns if you bought them at retail. If you are loading up at the $7-$8 clearance prices, you will not be disappointed 6-12 months from now.

I think a highlight is the CHI Battles set (70113) that Lego was literally giving away last summer (they were throwing them in shop @ home boxes at any rate). December sales data isn't in yet, but these were going for full retail ($19.99) or higher on Amazon at Christmas and as supplies dwindle I am sure the eBay price will move up, too.

Bottom line is, Chima has proven to be a hit and that makes Speedorz desirable from a collector's standpoint. And as we all know, if a collector has got to have *that* set to complete his/her collection it will appreciate. So I highly recommend loading up on these while they are still on discount.

Would be interested in others' thoughts on this as I am still quite new, but I really can't see these being investment losers!