76060 - Dr Strange Sanctum Sanctorum

Cheese

Hulkbuster :victory:

This one has slowly increased in recent months. Now about £45 on eBay. Could've picked these up for £17 during 3 for 2 sales. Despite being a great set with some great minifigures I only got three myself since I was concerned about it being superheroes. Well done to those that loaded up.

Hmmm, according to BP data contrasted with current Bricklink sales, Hulk Buster is trading at around RRP, 7 months post retirement. That makes it a success if it was bought at half price. Not bad compared with many 2016 retirements, but Mystery Machine or Starlight Taverb would have been  much better buys for the same money.

https://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=76031-1

Do you know of any other recent SH sets (with less than 4 thread pages before retirement) are doing well? My gripe about DSSS is that every man and their dog bought into it, whereas a few less well know sets may have gone under the radar a little and are now doing better.

8 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Never understood the superhero hatred on here. They do great for me. I already sold my Dr Strange sets for twice retail on Amazon Canada. If people dont want theirs PM me. They're gold Jerry gold!

SH is one of the themes that gives varied results depending on the market. In Europe there are better themes to purchase but a few sets can do well.

6 hours ago, Val-E said:

Hmmm, according to BP data contrasted with current Bricklink sales, Hulk Buster is trading at around RRP, 7 months post retirement. That makes it a success if it was bought at half price. Not bad compared with many 2016 retirements, but Mystery Machine or Starlight Taverb would have been  much better buys for the same money.

https://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=76031-1

Do you know of any other recent SH sets (with less than 4 thread pages before retirement) are doing well? My gripe about DSSS is that every man and their dog bought into it, whereas a few less well know sets may have gone under the radar a little and are now doing better.

Malibu Mansion, Doc Ock Truck, Captain America vs Hydra, Gorilla Grodd, XMen vs Sentinel and Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1 in particular (especially since Vol 2 movie came out).  If bought even at a reasonable discount, would be giving a decent return. 

SH buyers are mainly parents of under 8s. When some of these kids grow up and have dispensable income, will they desire these sets more as nostalgia trophies? Quite possibly yes. Anyone got a Delorean?

10 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

Never understood the superhero hatred on here. They do great for me. I already sold my Dr Strange sets for twice retail on Amazon Canada. If people dont want theirs PM me. They're gold Jerry gold!

Agree, done well on Marvel/DC, despite all the doom. The winners are easy to pick, easy to find at discount in volume and move in volume.  But if it keeps people away from the sure fire winners.  So be it.   

• 5 months later...
45 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Just look on eBay, this set is tanking big time. I only paid £14 each for mine and struggled to get £10 for them locally!

I managed to flip mine on fleabay for £25 each as soon as i saw new set announced. Tiny profit but still got out ahead.

I thought there was a chance of them being next Ant Man set but they took longer than Felipe Massa to retire.

• 1 month later...