76060 - Dr Strange Sanctum Sanctorum

Cheese

1 hour ago, jbacunn said:

This set is....awesome!

Agreed.  What a breath of fresh air for the Super Heroes line.  So different - the focal point of the set is actually the scene and not the minifigs (although the minifigs are great).

• Like 1

Who garantees this movie will be a sleeper hit, the first production run will be called back due to quality issues,it will have a short life span on the shelves and the main character will have a cool role in a later movie? Projecting Ant Man much?

Edited by DFC01
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Quacs said:

Agreed.  What a breath of fresh air for the Super Heroes line.  So different - the focal point of the set is actually the scene and not the minifigs (although the minifigs are great).

Yeah, I get the impression that Lego have been paying a bit more attention to the backdrops of these SH sets recently. Which is definitely a positive.

7 minutes ago, DFC01 said:

Who garantees this movie will be a sleeper hit, the first production run will be called back due to quality issues,it will have a short life span on the shelves and the main character will have a cool role in a later movie? Projecting Ant Man much?

Yes, No, No, Yes.  

This set is no Ant-Man Final Battle, but the movie will do well, it's the first time we see magic in MCU, also Cumberbatch. Dr Strange will have a role in infinity gauntlet, a small role but important.  The set will do well only if it’s a limited run.  

But still it’s a nice set     

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DFC01 said:

6 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

Ant Man would be just another SH clearance turd if not for the six month run. 

I tend to think that these statements are the most true. As happy as I was to get the Ant-Man set on the first day that I could, I think I was in the vast minority of people who wanted one for themselves before the whole hype train hit.

I have less space on my shelf for this set, and less desire for the characters. Unless LEGO crashes this set like Ant-Man, the future is super bleak for growth on this one. I may get one eventually when it gets marked down, but I wouldn't make storage space for them.

I loved the set and I'm getting one for myself (and if I had the pieces and time, MOC the whole sanctum) but, as much as I love the prices my remaining Ant Man sets may fetch, nothing garantees this set will be an equal sleeper hit. Especially now that we are all paying attention to SH sets that may perform as well as AntMan.

• Like 2