76060 - Dr Strange Sanctum Sanctorum

Cheese

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Can you PM me the name and email address as I'd like to ask them about the T1 & TB. However, they'll be unlikely to spill the beans on any long-lived sets.

It'd be interested to see if the Strangled Scrotum Sanitarium is discounted next July?

Done. I hope I am not going to get the helpful Lego Service lady into trouble. They will probably ignore my next email! 

I just asked:

I have a query please. I note model 76060 (Dr Strange) is retired in Canada but still available here. Do sets retire in some countries, but not others? Is 76060 retiring in the UK as well? 
Many thanks,
Chris 

I seem to recall that they have some type of crystal ball that gives a six month availability window at CS. We have seen before that that can change if it stinks or last minute sales are good. In this case as it is marked retiring in US  there will be no extensions so I suggest not buying from SAH till the last moment so there are leftover units that they will want to clear in the  summer sale in July.

Edited by Val-E

1 minute ago, Villager Chris said:

I've only been posting here a couple of weeks. Do Lego employees read (or even post) this forum? 

If you're a Lego employee currently at work, don't spill your coffee. By the way, feel free to PM me any upcoming sudden retirements...

Most of us are Lego employees. Our main source of entertainment is reading these crackpot conspiracy theories about retiring sets, future releases and sales figures.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Most of us are Lego employees. Our main source of entertainment is reading these crackpot conspiracy theories about retiring sets, future releases and sales figures.

Thought as much. 

Poster: Tie Fighter is retiring next week. I'm gonna load up at £40 using my lovely £79 Prime Account.  

Secret Employee: Note to manager - "Keep producing TF for another 6 months - sales are good. We can even lower the price to £35."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

How do you think we managed to keep DS in production for 8 years?

Off topic...

There is a Death Star inside NSA Headquarters in Fort Meade.

I was watching the documentary "Zero Days" about the malware virus "STUXNET" which was created by the US secret services to cause havoc to the Iranian nuclear facility, good documentary worth a watch, also on BBC iplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X0Teo5AxQM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08bcc18/storyville-zero-days-nuclear-cyber-sabotage#group=p02q33dg

Capture.JPG

15 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Off topic...

There is a Death Star inside NSA Headquarters in Fort Meade.

I was watching the documentary "Zero Days" about the malware virus "STUXNET" which was created by the US secret services to cause havoc to the Iranian nuclear facility, good documentary worth a watch, also on BBC iplayer

They could have just sent them a clickbait email with a link to SAH landing page and a spurious 50% off promo on exclusives. I am sure that every time I visit SAH my computer runs slower.

8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

My OCD has kicked in and I am trying to see what sets are on the shelves. I don´t like how some of them are stacked on top of each other and are those rows of UCS B Wings on right of the ST´s shoulder?

No, something older. Space Police on the bottom shelf, and a Venator cruiser, so would be older than the UCS B-Wing.

• Like 2

I'm tempering my enthusiasm on these for a few reasons, but they will be an interesting case study. The easiest direct comparison as mentioned is to Ant-Man, which had a similar short shelf life. Things holding it back slightly IMO:

- Higher initial buy in. Has been a sale a bit, but $30 price point vs $20 for the general buy in.

- Weaker figures. Ant-Man at least had Ant-Man and Hank Pym, and the Yellowjacket figure is cool. The Doctor Strange figure itself is excellent, but I don't think the other two are going to be as sought out.

- Likelihood of inclusion in a future set near term. At least for the Doctor Strange figure. I know I thought that would be a risk for the Ant-Man set, but they mixed it up with the Giant Man, and the tiny version. I think that has helped the value.

On the positive side, the non-figure set is pretty cool and displays well. Anyway, will be an interesting one to track in the coming months.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nolanfan34 said:
I'm tempering my enthusiasm on these for a few reasons, but they will be an interesting case study. The easiest direct comparison as mentioned is to Ant-Man, which had a similar short shelf life. Things holding it back slightly IMO:
- Higher initial buy in. Has been a sale a bit, but $30 price point vs $20 for the general buy in.
- Weaker figures. Ant-Man at least had Ant-Man and Hank Pym, and the Yellowjacket figure is cool. The Doctor Strange figure itself is excellent, but I don't think the other two are going to be as sought out.
- Likelihood of inclusion in a future set near term. At least for the Doctor Strange figure. I know I thought that would be a risk for the Ant-Man set, but they mixed it up with the Giant Man, and the tiny version. I think that has helped the value.
On the positive side, the non-figure set is pretty cool and displays well. Anyway, will be an interesting one to track in the coming months.

You forgot to mention being available another 6 months and people knowing it.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

You forgot to mention being available another 6 months and people knowing it.

Haha. Has it been that much longer? My memory is going bad. Well yeah, then that as well! To me it really comes down to the minifigs, Wolverine chopper is a good comp there, that was available for almost two years right? The power of Deadpool...

Just now, nolanfan34 said:

Haha. Has it been that much longer? My memory is going bad. Well yeah, then that as well! To me it really comes down to the minifigs, Wolverine chopper is a good comp there, that was available for almost two years right? The power of Deadpool...

Wolverine Chopper definitely has the power.  I still have a sealed one that is a little beat up, but I still contemplate parting with it from time-to-time.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kenxxx said:

This one caught my eye this morning on Amazon (Amazon is out of stock... 3PS selling at about US$38).  "Retiring Soon" and Call-to-Check at LEGO Shop at Home.  Plenty of stock still at Target.com USA.  hmm.

Amazon never had stock, it's a Target exclusive.

• Like 1