Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - August 2016

Lordoflego

20 minutes ago, mesje said:

This is really a big SHAME... again only USA has the bonus VIP points, again bonus set only for USA. OMG, and doubledecker is EUROPEAN item and we dont have it! Unbelievable. The ignorancy of Europe from EUROPEAN company TLG is huge and frustrating -  to sum up, USA has better prices, more promos, longer life of sets, more discounts, much better information system (in Europe we dont know anything about next promos till the first day of the month, while in USA can see the calendar a month earlier).

But optimist would say that it is still better than in Asia, with their horrible prices and absence of SAH and stores... Then TLG is very surprised by success of Lepin and other clones. And istead of improving the distribution system or suing them they are banning resellers :-)

I'd agree with most of that, although I'm in favour of a shorter life of sets so that's not on my complaint list!!

I have so many old sets waiting to retire my house actually looks like a Pet Shop and I could probably build a life size T1 to sit on the drive !!!!! ;o)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

I'd agree with most of that, although I'm in favour of a shorter life of sets so that's not on my complaint list!!

I have so many old sets waiting to retire my house actually looks like a Pet Shop and I could probably build a life size T1 to sit on the drive !!!!! ;o)

Shorter life of sets is fine, if it is worlwide. But if it is only in Europe and not in USA, its the worst case scenario - Europeans must to stockpile the retired sets, while in USA are still available for next year, so you need to have these sets in stock 1 year more before selling them. Look at the Birds - I had to do panic buying with higher than MRSP, while in USA were available a year more - so I lost 1 year.

2 hours ago, mesje said:

This is really a big SHAME... again only USA has the bonus VIP points, again bonus set only for USA. OMG, and doubledecker is EUROPEAN item and we dont have it! Unbelievable. The ignorancy of Europe from EUROPEAN company TLG is huge and frustrating -  to sum up, USA has better prices, more promos, longer life of sets, more discounts, much better information system (in Europe we dont know anything about next promos till the first day of the month, while in USA can see the calendar a month earlier).

But optimist would say that it is still better than in Asia, with their horrible prices and absence of SAH and stores... Then TLG is very surprised by success of Lepin and other clones. And istead of improving the distribution system or suing them they are banning resellers :-)

Because the US is their prime money spinner. The rest of the world pays more for the same product to subsidise the American market. Better freebys and more double points helps this along. :)

2 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Because the US is their prime money spinner. The rest of the world pays more for the same product to subsidise the American market. Better freebys and more double points helps this along. :)

Probably more to do with an easier distribution market (one set of customs) compared to dealing within Europe and Aus/NZ.

I still believe that the London Bus will arrive next month (or perhaps later) for us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Yes, I can accept this in price policy, but at least in promos would be the policy same, no reason for differencies... and absolutelly no reason to ignore Europe in information policy  - to public calendar soon.

4 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

They just know we as Americans, are more foolish from the rest of the world, as we will dump our money into their products the fastest

Haha no way. Visited LA and beautiful Montana last year. Friendly people yes. Fools no.

18 minutes ago, Alucard1982 said:

Probably more to do with an easier distribution market (one set of customs) compared to dealing within Europe and Aus/NZ.

I still believe that the London Bus will arrive next month (or perhaps later) for us.

Perhaps. Agreed we will get the bus eventually.

7 hours ago, mesje said:

Shorter life of sets is fine, if it is worlwide. But if it is only in Europe and not in USA, its the worst case scenario - Europeans must to stockpile the retired sets, while in USA are still available for next year, so you need to have these sets in stock 1 year more before selling them. Look at the Birds - I had to do panic buying with higher than MRSP, while in USA were available a year more - so I lost 1 year.

The Ideas Birds set vanished sooner in Europe but prices rose instantly to almost double RRP after the set sold out at LEGO Shop at Home. So opportunities to make some profit offered themselves since last Christmas.

6 hours ago, Deanfjr said:

Yea, so x 2 VIP, that is awesome, I will spend, but were they going to tell anyone or advertise it ??!!

Right?!?

Cant even find a single mentioning of it on the website. Doesn't even say "you got double points" at check out or anything. A very strange SECRET to keep to themselves.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2016 at 4:59 AM, mesje said:

This is really a big SHAME... again only USA has the bonus VIP points, again bonus set only for USA. OMG, and doubledecker is EUROPEAN item and we dont have it! Unbelievable. USA has better prices, more promos, longer life of sets, more discounts, much better information system.

It is called "American Privilege".

• Like 2

On August 1, 2016 at 11:34 AM, TheGallows said:

Sooo are we getting the London bus promo over here, was it confirmed? No sign on sah yet and its only adding this to my basket,

LEGO00ae.png City Police Chase Race

• Item: 5004404

28067461283_9ba64efbd0_b.jpg

If we get this instead of the LBP its a joke

I bet the London Bus would beat either of those wimpy cars down the ramp...London FTW!

• Like 5