76078 - Hulk vs. Red Hulk

thoroakenfelder

Images have surfaced depicting a future set to be shown at SDCC. It contains Hulk, Red Hulk, She-Hulk and Red She-Hulk as well as 2 vehicles. Price point is rumored to be $59.99 and the piece count about 375. It seems like in addition to the 2 bigfigs, there are some large wheel pieces, but nothing to call for such a high price point. I'm not going to post the picture here since I don't know whether LEGO would have a problem with it being posted without their express permission.

Looking around online, it seems the information came from the Hollywood reporter.

I for one am super excited for the minifigures.

MOD EDIT:

gipT1PU.jpg

Hollywood Reporter Story

• Like 4

I'm sure LEGO gave them permission to post the images and make the announcement.  Plus I don't see any "confidential" markings on this like we typically do with leaked images.  The vehicles are unappealing to me but I don't know that Hulk has had any specific vehicles in his history that would make sense to include here.  I guess these will appeal to the kiddies.  I do like the classic green hair Hulk and the She-Hulk but I won't be paying anywhere near $60 just for them.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-con-hulk-she-hulk-909252

lego_hulk_vs_red_hulkh_2016.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this @thoroakenfelder.  This looks awesome!  I love me She-Hulk.  Years and years ago, I had her very first comic.  I've been a fan of hers since the mid-80s, from before she joined the Fantastic Four (back when she first joined the Avengers).

I went ahead and added the pic and a link to the story.  Generally speaking, if the Hollywood Reporter is reporting it, it's a legit source.  Plus, there's a little "Courtesy of LEGO" note on the original THR story, so you're good to go.  Thanks for treading cautiously. 

I feel like this set is some expansion of the animated universe stuff. There's all the Avengers Assembled stuff and Ultimate Spider-Man. This could be from the Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. cartoon. I'm not a huge fan of Hulk, but I do like posing toys of him beating the stuffing out of Spider-Man and Iron Man. Speaking of, I really hope they make a battle damage costume Spidey.

This set seem to be a larger version of the mighty micros at a insane price. The red and green Hulks are fine, but it would have been make better to make larger mini figs into the She-Hulk forms. As for the vehicles.... The minimal effort award goes to these creators.

13 minutes ago, Batman720 said:

This set seem to be a larger version of the mighty micros at a insane price. The red and green Hulks are fine, but it would have been make better to make larger mini figs into the She-Hulk forms. As for the vehicles.... The minimal effort award goes to these creators.

To be fair, in comics & cartoons, She Hulk is human sized.  She is taller and more muscular than average people, but she does not bulk up 3x human size like Hulk.  So minifig sized She Hulk is appropriate

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

To be fair, in comics & cartoons, She Hulk is human sized.  She is taller and more muscular than average people, but she does not bulk up 3x human size like Hulk.  So minifig sized She Hulk is appropriate

Agreed. She Hulk 'only' gets up to Thor size. The real Hulk turns into a 8ft 1000lb monster. The minifigs scale is passable.

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

She's bigger than normal human, but not significantly big enough to need a big fig. According to Marvel.com she's 6'7" and weighs 650 lbs. Green Hulk is 7'-8' tall and 1040-1400 lbs. Actually she is slightly bigger than Thor who is 6'6" and 640 lbs.

9 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

She's bigger than normal human, but not significantly big enough to need a big fig. According to Marvel.com she's 6'7" and weighs 650 lbs. Green Hulk is 7'-8' tall and 1040-1400 lbs. Actually she is slightly bigger than Thor who is 6'6" and 640 lbs.

Funny, Thor and She Hulk are never drawn to look over 600lbs. I guess they just have very dense bodies ;)

30 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

So what you're saying is that a muscular Friends mini-doll may have been more appropriate given their height? :)

Just now, gregpj said:

So what you're saying is that a muscular Friends mini-doll may have been more appropriate given their height? :)

Yes and no. Like I said, She's slightly larger than Thor. If they did make her a bigger figure, they'd have to do the same with him. It's kind of like suggesting that Wolverine should have the short legs since he is only 5'3"

• Like 1

The vehicles are a couple of bizarre while fun designs but if that is what it takes to have so much 'Hulkage' in one spot, I'll take it. Here we have a more accurate to the silver age of comics and some of the cartoons that followed Hulk, finally the stunning She-Hulk, and their counterparts of Thaddeus & Betty Ross in their respective Hulk forms. Since most already have a variant or two of Hulk, I imagine the other three will be the primary interest in particular She-Hulk. Why? Umm....

Spoiler

shehulk justice.jpg

• Like 1