LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

They posted another video today on their instagram account that had a guy opening a door and a black box with blue shining through some slits is sitting on his porch. Can't get a link but it adds to the suspicion.

New Hellraiser and Pinhead theme?
  • Like 3

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They posted another video today on their instagram account that had a guy opening a door and a black box with blue shining through some slits is sitting on his porch. Can't get a link but it adds to the suspicion.

I managed to download the video from Instagram and seemed to successfully upload it here onto the site in my gallery. It really doesn't explain much at all but does hint at this rumored LEGO Dimensions product I suppose now that 'reality' is involved.

This probably needs moved but here is more information on the LEGO DImensions reveal/leak:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/lego_dimensions_starter_pack_leaks_ahead_of_official_reveal.html

Yawn.  Another money grab.  This was a great idea like five years ago.  It's been milked to death by this point.  What's sad is that this probably will be the new trend for future Lego games.  You'll have to buy the minifigs to play or unlock new characters.  Capitalism sucks some times.  I expect to get trolled by the mindless BP horde for saying this.  But it's the truth.

Edited by Mathew

Yawn.  Another money grab.  This was a great idea like five years ago.  It's been milked to death by this point.  What's sad is that this probably will be the new trend for future Lego games.  You'll have to buy the minifigs to play or unlock new characters.  Capitalism sucks some times.  I expect to get trolled by the mindless BP horde for saying this.  But it's the truth.

Because people hate buying minifigures... (please let them be removable from those bases) And at least you have physical items instead of just DLC that is only good in game.

Wait, why does the brand graphic on the Lego site for this have Wizard of Oz?

Edited by Zurno

Wizard of Oz minifigs are the coolest part of it all to me... and I've played almost every Lego video game with my son.

Will some, none, or all of the figs in these fun/team packs be exclusive? Glad I'm only a set collector at this point!

Decent video ad with Joel McHale also...

Because people hate buying minifigures... (please let them be removable from those bases) And at least you have physical items instead of just DLC that is only good in game.

Wait, why does the brand graphic on the Lego site for this have Wizard of Oz?

The Lego games (at least the console versions) don't have DLC.  You simply unlock characters in-game.  No additional purchases required.  And I can almost guarantee that the minifigs will be kragled to the bases.  They have to store the RFID chips in the bases.  

Wizard of Oz minifigs are the coolest part of it all to me... and I've played almost every Lego video game with my son.

Will some, none, or all of the figs in these fun/team packs be exclusive? Glad I'm only a set collector at this point!

Decent video ad with Joel McHale also...

Interesting product release video.  Are they aiming this at AFOL?  Note, the 80's arcade games in the background.  Or perhaps the AFOL crowd who have kids and want something more geared to themselves instead of Skylanders and Disney Infinity?  

The Lego games (at least the console versions) don't have DLC.  You simply unlock characters in-game.  No additional purchases required.  And I can almost guarantee that the minifigs will be kragled to the bases.  They have to store the RFID chips in the bases.  

Latest Batman game has DLC.

Here was the original thread about the rumored Lego toys to life game.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/13645-lego-toys-to-life-competing-with-skylandersamiiboinfinity/?hl=toys

Edited by fuzzy_bricks

I do not know about that.  From the ads, at least the Batmobile is not kragled since Hale built it from loose bricks.  I am interested to know if the base can recognize  different builds from the same set of bricks and reflect them on the the game.

I do not know about that.  From the ads, at least the Batmobile is not kragled since Hale built it from loose bricks.  I am interested to know if the base can recognize  different builds from the same set of bricks and reflect them on the the game.

I wonder if they'll use something similar to the appbricks in the Ultra Agents line for the builds.  If the characters can be "leveled up" they'll almost have to be chipped to store that info.

I wonder if they'll use something similar to the appbricks in the Ultra Agents line for the builds.  If the characters can be "leveled up" they'll almost have to be chipped to store that info.

Yeah on second thought, at least the minifigs have to be kragled to the base like Mathew said.  They already kragled the minifigs on keychains and magnets, so this will be just a step above those

looks like a totally missed opportunity.  should have been some sort camera that can scan in any minifig and convert it to in game toon.  some could be programed to have abilities, the rest just based on generic types.  but being able to adapt minifigs from any set is a lot more interesting than buying overpriced, custom figs with built in chips.  given the entrenched market leaders and the costs involved, I do not see this going well.

Edited by jay4e

From reading the product description it sounds like the figures will be available through expansion packs but the base will be the only one created so you won't have compatibility issues.

ahh here's more detail.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/04/09/warner-bros-lego-dimensions-to-compete-with-skylanders-disney-infinity-this-fall.aspx

Edited by beartrapper

Ummmm https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/LEGO-Batman-3-Beyond-Gotham/38674c69-5923-46a4-822a-40d3013cdc51