LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

Gone from all stores and eBay dimensions sales slowing down a bit...

I noticed the ebay lots on some packs are harder to find now. Price ticking upward on what's left as far as team and level packs and I'd say on some fun packs as well. Same with amazon. The team and level packs have gone from below 10 dollars to mid or close to 20 dollars a pack. Not bad...not bad at all. I'll be the first to say post 99 cent bonanza I'd wish I hoarded more. Some bundles sell pretty easily if priced right. I'm torn between continuing to sell or holding on a bit longer and letting the low priced sellers thin out a bit more. The possible or sure demise of dimensions though has me waffling.
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

I noticed the ebay lots on some packs are harder to find now. Price ticking upward on what's left as far as team and level packs and I'd say on some fun packs as well. Same with amazon. The team and level packs have gone from below 10 dollars to mid or close to 20 dollars a pack. Not bad...not bad at all. I'll be the first to say post 99 cent bonanza I'd wish I hoarded more. Some bundles sell pretty easily if priced right. I'm torn between continuing to sell or holding on a bit longer and letting the low priced sellers thin out a bit more. The possible or sure demise of dimensions though has me waffling.

i think they're performing about as i expected, if not a little better....now we are in uncharted waters...without knowing how many scooby, who, portal, etc that the big boys have on hand, it's really hard to say where we go from here...if their stock diminishes before end of summer, christmas will look amazing...if stock continues through christmas, then now is as good a time as any to sell most of them...

i think they're performing about as i expected, if not a little better....now we are in uncharted waters...without knowing how many scooby, who, portal, etc that the big boys have on hand, it's really hard to say where we go from here...if their stock diminishes before end of summer, christmas will look amazing...if stock continues through christmas, then now is as good a time as any to sell most of them...

Won't an official announcement of the demise of dimensions tank the price across the board though if and when that time comes? That concerns me more than the heavy stock that might still be out there. Has me wanting to offload with as much profit now than wait for later.

Won't an official announcement of the demise of dimensions tank the price across the board though if and when that time comes? That concerns me more than the heavy stock that might still be out there. Has me wanting to offload with as much profit now than wait for later.

Bingo!

I don't have any Dimensions for resell but if I had the 99cent stores and bought 1,000s of them I would be unloading around this time. Before June. I feel if TT doesn't release a new trailer or any news about Dimensions that will be all the proof I need. I don't think we get anything official till end of year or around September. I'm hoping the rumors are false because I think LD is fun, collectible and can awaken new people to the cause lol...

We shall see but if I had them I would do "value packs" like 1 of each I bought. Bundle level packs/team packs/complete bundles etc.

I feel the only ones that will do well regardless of the game is mini figs that lego doesn't have in any other theme/sets. Those I think you will be safe in holding.

and my big boys comment was more of the best buy and tru;s of the world....their stock levels concern me most...the individual reseller i think the majority have sold out...not saying there are not stock piles left but...

and honestly...even if it is cancelled today...i don't think it's doom and gloom...if you bought these for the right price, you're not going to lose money...it will be harder to sell with more effort and less profit sure...

in the end, i do think dimensions is getting cancelled...it's just a matter of time...at this point i'm sitting out for the most part and just selling a little at a time...and have sold enough to pay for my remaining stock plus a little extra...still sitting on a ton of them so we'll see what happens..

I parted out a ton, and flipped Minifigures on eBay and Bricklink. I have a closet full of unopened packs which I haven't even tried flipping. I'm going to take a look at Ninjago prices when the movie comes out. Everything else I'm holding until Christmas... and beyond.

• Like 1

Something has definitely changed over the past few days as I've had more dimensions sales in the past week than I have had in the past 2 months combined. My prices haven't changed and some are evening shipping to Australia at $15 shipping (for just the toy tags).

Hopefully this trend continues and people start buying Homer Simpons...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Summer/warm weather has really tanked my sales compared to what I had been getting. Goonies, Hermione and Chase McCain are performing horribly. Hopefully once the summer is over (or even when school lets out and more kids are at home) this picks back up again.

Looking forward to the new sets! They should do well at Christmas.

• Like 1

3638b867003bc320f34e615c3691a140.jpg

This picture (I could be wrong) proves the game is over. Why? They are doing 3 different days all 20 minutes long. Obviously today is TT and what tomorrow powerpuff girls and then beetlejuice for the final day (maybe mixed but nevertheless) I doubt we get any statements till some time in 2018 maybe Q1 or Q2 try and milk what's left.

I'm not upset necessarily the game is done but I did like getting IPs we won't see in sets. It was 75% minifigs and 25% game for me. Was fun to play and one of the only games the misses could handle (just press A...lol) bit upsetting...was hoping for year 3 to have Marvel and SW since Disney backed out. Also thought them dropping out would help their sales (everyone jump ship to LD)

RIP

I got some leftovers dimensions fun and level packs...PM me if you interested, I want/need get rid of them in bulk, great price if you take it all...i will send you complete list 10 diff characters..around 15 cases of fun packs and 5-7 Level/Team packs (JW, Ninjago, Portal2)...

• Like 1

Some of the minifigures from these sets have great potential and there's already demand for certain ones. I'm targetting any of the fun packs under 50% off from here on in, particularly as I think once the cancellation becomes official the sets will be clearanced very quickly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jules_K said:

Some of the minifigures from these sets have great potential and there's already demand for certain ones. I'm targetting any of the fun packs under 50% off from here on in, particularly as I think once the cancellation becomes official the sets will be clearanced very quickly.

Did you get on the eBay Microsoft deal on these?

• 1 month later...

So I picked up an Xbox One starter pack l a few weeks ago cheap, for personal use. The outer box had been opened, but everything inside was untouched.  I started playing it Monday night and when I realized you have to move people around the pad a lot I moved it closer to me.  While doing that, the cord was slightly kinked and I wasn't pulling hard at all, but the rubber cord came away from the XBox, but the USB connector stayed attached to the XBox.  I contacted WB games and they are considering sending me a new pad. Really enjoying the game, Wonder Woman is the best player to use and I broke out Dr. Who during that level.  I like the on-screen building instructions.

Packs I've picked up so far:

Levels: Dr. Who, BTTF, and Portal 2

Team Packs: Scooby

Fun: Wonder Woman, Emmet, Doc Brown, Unikitty, and Slimer

Wants: all the 80's stuff like A-Team, Ghostbusters, Knight Rider, and Goonies and the Batman Movie Portal

• Like 1

So I picked up an Xbox One starter pack l a few weeks ago cheap, for personal use. The outer box had been opened, but everything inside was untouched.  I started playing it Monday night and when I realized you have to move people around the pad a lot I moved it closer to me.  While doing that, the cord was slightly kinked and I wasn't pulling hard at all, but the rubber cord came away from the XBox, but the USB connector stayed attached to the XBox.  I contacted WB games and they are considering sending me a new pad. Really enjoying the game, Wonder Woman is the best player to use and I broke out Dr. Who during that level.  I like the on-screen building instructions.

Packs I've picked up so far:

Levels: Dr. Who, BTTF, and Portal 2

Team Packs: Scooby

Fun: Wonder Woman, Emmet, Doc Brown, Unikitty, and Slimer

Wants: all the 80's stuff like A-Team, Ghostbusters, Knight Rider, and Goonies and the Batman Movie Portal

Want to buy some discs?

Gotta play them all!

=)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Toys-to-life franchise Lego Dimensions has drawn to a close, a year earlier than originally planned.

Publisher Warner Bros. is yet to officially confirm the cancellation, but the writing has been on the wall for some time - and sources close to the company have told Eurogamer the series is no more.

Eurogamer was first to report on Lego Dimensions' original three-year plan before the game launched back in October 2015. It was a blueprint which developer TT Games was able to stick with throughout the game's first year and well into its planning of the second. After that, however, it became clear the game wouldn't last as long as hoped.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-18-the-sad-slow-death-of-lego-dimensions

Edited by Val-E