Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

75105 does that job perfectly. A big UCS set needs to be far better or we go into 10248 Ferrari F40 disappointment territory.

You SW people are a tough audience to please - too big and expensive is bad, too small part count is also bad (red 5), too many separate components cobbled together like Hoth, bad.

In any case, Lepin will cater for the folk in between by cloning the big one at the small one´s price. Sad times.

Personally, I would be happy with a $1000 giant MF. You confuse my personal preferences with what I think would make the most money for LEGO. And 75105 MSRP was $150, a $400 set would not even compare to it. I think it is perfectly possible to make a compelling MF at that price.

Look at the picture below. With a size between the two and with less greebling there is no need to have such a robust and expensive (in terms of piece count) internal structure as 10179 has, so actual interior can take place. It would be still large and detailed enough to be called UCS, with a similar difference in size as we see between UCS and regular Slave I, which is in my opinion one of the best UCS releases ever. 

Also, if you look at the tendency of the mega releases nowadays, all of them lean towards having play features while maintaining balance between AFOL and kid appeal. Disney Castle, GBHQ and Sandcrawler does that. I don't think the new MF will break this trend, and in that case it will probably be in line with what I described. I see pure display sets restricted to the $100-$250 range these days, simply because relying on hardcore AFOL demand seems to be not enough to make the most expensive offerings sell sufficiently well, especially that many AFOLs actually prefer playfulness maintained, since that is what LEGO means for many.

601054bc-8c29-4004-972c-caea2959ec0b.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, inversion said:

Personally, I would be happy with a $1000 giant MF. You confuse my personal preferences with what I think would make the most money for LEGO. And 75105 MSRP was $150, a $400 set would not even compare to it. I think it is perfectly possible to make a compelling MF at that price.

Look at the picture below. With a size between the two and with less greebling there is no need to have such a robust and expensive (in terms of piece count) internal structure as 10179 has, so actual interior can take place. It would be still large and detailed enough to be called UCS, with a similar difference in size as we see between UCS and regular Slave I, which is in my opinion one of the best UCS releases ever. 

Also, if you look at the tendency of the mega releases nowadays, all of them lean towards having play features while maintaining balance between AFOL and kid appeal. Disney Castle, GBHQ and Sandcrawler does that. I don't think the new MF will break this trend, and in that case it will probably be in line with what I described. I see pure display sets restricted to the $100-$250 range these days, simply because relying on hardcore AFOL demand seems to be not enough to make the most expensive offerings sell sufficiently well, especially that many AFOLs actually prefer playfulness maintained, since that is what LEGO means for many.

I would love to see speed trials of how fast teams or an individual can build the largest MF here.  Maybe they have competitions for that already, i haven't looked.  I did not know that it was that much larger than the other one's and this picture puts that into perspective.  Love it.

Today i got the first few of my personal collection 

Ewok Village £199.99  (Smtyhs)

Death Star Final Battle 75093 £59.99 (Amazon)

AT-ST Walker 751753 £37.99 (Tesco)

First Order Snow Speedeer 75100  £23.99 (Tesco)

Imperial Assault Carrier 75106 £69.99 (Amazon) This will prob be returned as the box arrived pretty banged up 

Hope to pick up a Slave 1 Tomorrow ?

A recent Ep 8 rumor is among next Force Friday Lego items will be a First Order Tie Bomber.  Just passing the info...

---------

http://clients.wikidigital.co.za/ifound/rumor-lego-star-wars-episode-viii-toy-line-features-tie-bombers/

Did the lack of diversity between Resistance and First Order starfighter types in The Force Awakens bug you as much as they bugged us? Well apparently, the people at Lucasfilm got the memo, and soon the First Order TIE bombers will soon make their way to the big screen in Episode VIII! Come the next “Force Friday” event, you’ll be able to pick up LEGO sets that update the design first seen in The Empire Strikes Back.

From Hound’s Tooth:

Star Wars Episode VIII will be a great mix of the old and the new. This reflects in the few character designs we’ve seen. It should be no surprise then, that an old Imperial vessel is getting updated for use by the First Order. That’s right: There will be a TIE Bomber in Episode VIII.

This information comes in the form of a leaked Lego set announcement (via StarWarsAwakens.nl). Seeing as the source has been right about Lego before with this winter’s sets, I see no reason to doubt it.

Next Force Friday, you will be able to find First Order TIE Bombers at your local Lego supplier. Force Friday Lego sets aren’t always a guarantee for a major role in the film… But the vehicle will no doubt at least be clearly visible at some point.

On 11/01/2017 at 2:59 AM, jaisonline said:

A recent Ep 8 rumor is among next Force Friday Lego items will be a First Order Tie Bomber.  Just passing the info...

Based on how 7 & 4 were the same  I think it will be clearing asteriods for ISD's to navigate through.

• Like 2

I know advent calendar season just passed, but the 2018 image has leaked, and it's on rebelscum.com 

Looks like it's heavily Force Awakens related (about time actually) and has BB-8 as santa on a snowboard.  Also, contains FO Stormtrooper, FO snowtrooper, FO officer, Resistance Officer, Unkars Thug (looks like it's the same from the Rey set)..  There were 9 minis in 2016 and 7 in 2015, so I suspect there will be a couple more.

Mini builds of Krennics Shuttle, AT-DP, Luggabeast, a Canon, FO Transporter, Millennium Falcon, and some sled..  

• Like 2

Saw this just posted elsewhere. Looks like details of summer wave. If true then looks like we have an immediate rehash of Shuttle Tydirium in form of Palpatines Shuttle, so just swapping out Rebel minifigures for Imperial minifigures. There's new star Destroyer, B-Wing and Home one as well. Given timing of leaks with London Toy Fair today, we may get pics. Hope people didn't go too heavy on Shuttle Tydiriums.

Gian Speeder: Comes with Naboo Security Guard [2015], Naboo Security Trooper [New], Battle Droid [2007], Battle Droid Commander [2012]. Build(s) = Gian Speeder with rotating spring-loaded shooters and seats for 4 minifigures. Price = $69.99 (or $29.99 in US)

Rogue One: Comes with Disguised Jyn Erso [2017], Disguised Cassian Andor [New], K-2SO [2016], Bodhi Rook [2016], 2x Shoretroopers [2017]. Build(s) = Imperial Cargo Shuttle with opening ramp, opening cockpit with seats for minifigures, rear cargo hold, folding wings, and spring-loaded shooters. Price = $239.99 (or $119.99 in US)

Partisan Hideout: Comes with Edrio “Two Tubes” [New], Jyn Erso [New], Saw Gerrera [New], Partisan Rebel [New]. Build(s) = Partisan Hideout with Jail, Hidden weapon storage, broken window, hidden compartment, rotating hologram, and seats for Edrio and the Partisan Rebel. Price = $119.99 (or $59.99 in US)

B-wing Starfighter: Comes with B-wing Pilot [2014], Female Rebel Maintenance Crew [New], Rebel Trooper [New], Crix Madine [New]. Build(s) = B-wing with opening and gyroscopic cockpit, folding wings, and spring-loaded shooters, while a maintenance speeder. Price = $109.99 (or $54.99 in US)

Scarif Showdown: Comes with Director Krennic [2016], Jyn Erso [New], Cassian Andor [2017]. Build(s) = Grey walkway with big main satellite and smaller conical control section on the other side. Uses gears to allow the rotation of the controls to result in the rotation of the satellite dish. Also has “broken floor” function (with two side-by-side trapdoors), to replicate the scene where the walkway gets shot. Price = $69.99 (or $29.99 in US)

Home One Mon Calamari Cruiser: Comes with Admiral Ackbar [2009], Crix Madine [New], Mon Mothma [New], X-wing Pilot [New], Mon Calamari Officer [2009], Nien Nunb [New]. Build(s) = Home One ship with removable roof to access meeting hall and hangar with “chibi” X-wing Starfighter. Price = $249.99 (or $129.99 in US)

Imperial Shuttle: Comes with Emperor Palpatine [2015], Darth Vader [2015], Moff Jerjerrod [New], 2x Stormtroopers [2014], Imperial Officer [New]. Build(s) = Emperor Palpatine’s Imperial Shuttle with spring-loaded shooters, folding wings, opening cockpit, accessible interior, folding boarding ramp. Price = $229.99 (or $109.99 in US)

Tarkin’s Star Destroyer: Comes with Grand Moff Tarkin [2016], Director Krennic [2016], 2x Stormtroopers [2014], 2x Death Troopers [2016]. Build(s) = Grand Moff Tarkin’s Star Destroyer, with folding panels to access interior, with Star Destroyer bridge within, including the place where Tarkin and Krennic argue. Exterior also has detailed greebling and 2 spring-loaded shooters. Price = $239.99 (or $119.99 in US)

Cassian Andor Buildable Figure: Includes Buildable Figure of Cassian Andor (Scarif garb) with sniper rifle and small electrobinoculars (which can be clipped to side of his leg). Price = $44.99 (or $24.99 in US)

Director Krennic Buildable Figure: Includes Buildable Figure of Director Krennic with fabric cape and silver blaster. Price = $44.99 (or $24.99 in US)

Master Yoda Buildable Figure: Includes Buildable Figure of Master Yoda with short green lightsaber, swinging arm mechanism, and fabric robes. Also comes with his gimer stick. Price = $34.99 (or $19.99 in US)

Cyborg Darth Maul Buildable Figure: Includes Buildable Figure of Cyborg Darth Maul with clawed cyborg legs, a lightsaber and a darksaber, and dual-hand swinging arm mechanism. Price = $59.99 (or $29.99 in US)

Han Solo Buildable Figure: Includes Buildable Figure of old Han Solo with stud shooting pistol that can be clipped to his leg. Price = $34.99 (or $19.99 in US)

Guavian Death Gang Member Buildable Figure: Includes Buildable Figure of a Guavian Death Gang Member with gun metal blaster and small electrobinoculars (which can be clipped to his leg). Price = $44.99 (or $24.99 in US)

Clone Trooper Battle Pack: Comes with Phase I Clone Trooper Captain [2013], 3x Phase I Clone Troopers [2013]. Build(s) = BARC Speeder, similar to Battle on Saleucami’s one, with stud shooter at the front. Price = $24.99 (or $12.99 in US)

Geonosian Battle Pack: Comes with 2x Wingless Geonosians [New], 2x Winged Geonosians [New]. Build(s) = Elevating and rotating Geonosian cannon with rapid stud shooter attached to the front. Price = $24.99 (or $12.99 in US)

Gungan Battle Pack: Comes with 1x Gungan Bombad General [New], 3x Gungan soldiers [New]. Build(s) = Moulded Kaadu with rear ammo cart (with dropping energy balls). Price = $24.99 (or $12.99 in US)

Droid Battle Pack: Comes with 2x B-1 Battle Droids and 2x brick-built Droidekas. Build(s) = 2x STAPs. Price = $24.99 (or $12.99 in US)

Advent Calendar: Comes with Santa Tarkin (Santarkin?) [New], Rogue One Rebel Trooper [2016], Battle Droid [2007], Flametrooper [2016], ARF Trooper [New], Female Resistance Trooper [2016], Dengar [2016]. Build(s) = 17 microbuilds. Price = $69.99 (or $39.99 in US)