Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...

Looks like it's confirmed that 9 regular sets, 4 microfighters, and 6 buildable figures will be released for the Rogue One movie.  It doesn't look like Vader is in any of these sets, so maybe he will appear in one of the bigger summer wave sets.  Overall, the rumors that the Rogue One release would have limited merchandise hasn't exactly turned out to be accurate, because for the force awakens release there were 11 sets, 2 microfighters, and 6 buildable figures attached to the movie by the January wave.  So there's almost as many sets with Rogue One.

So now that we got the winter wave out of the way, we can now look forward to the rumors trickling in for a may the 4th exclusive (they seem to release at least one every year at this time it seems), the summer wave sets, and the Episode 8 sets.  Any UCS scale playsets?  Jabba's palace?  Yoda's Dagobah Hut? Cloud City?  Maz's Castle?  Star Killer Base?  Jedi Council?

And I look forward to the early rumors of Episode 8 sets!  Go get em' CMSCI!

With Han Solo still slated for the May 2015 release, I also wonder how 2018 will begin.  Will there be a january wave?  Or will the January wave be used for the Han Solo Force Friday event?  Or will the Force Friday event for the Han Solo movie take place around March instead of September next year?  There could be a lot of decent sets coming... 2017 to 2018 could be a decent time to invest again.  I do like all the Rogue One sets, and see some investment opportunities there...and I suspect by end of 2017 most will start to be retired.  This bodes well for investment opportunities.

16 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Do we think they are going to stick with spring releases for the films. They've already gotten three films opening in the winter. I don't see them abandoning that.

The Han Solo film is still slated for a May 25th release date, so if that stays in place, that could throw a little monkey wrench into the way sets are released next year..  The schedule that we are sort of used to over the last two years could be off by a half year slate. 

I'd suspect in 2017 we probably will see a June summer wave of a few sets, most of which will be the larger 80.00 to 120.00 sets.  They would probably focus on at least a rogue one set or two, maybe a Force Awakens set, maybe a prequel set, OT set, and perhaps some more Rebels sets.   I then would suspect 5 to 7 new sets and 3 new buildable figures for a September force friday event for Episode 8.  From there it gets sketchier, if they stick with the May 25th release date for the Han Solo film.  We more than likely will see the traditional January 1st wave that has at least some sets similar to this 2017 list, as it will be sprinkled with Episode 8 and other sets.  Then, will we see a Force Friday event in March 2018 for the Han Solo Film?  Seems like it would be the logical choice, since traditionally marvel superhero and jurassic world sets came out in march-april-may right before their summer film release. 

That would move the fall force friday up to spring, and 2018 would probably just have a summer wave after the Han Solo film.  From there it would probably be a dry period from July until January.  Episode 9 is slated for a May 2019 release date, so after Episode 8, the next two films are in May instead of the Christmas season.  I suspect we see it switched up next christmas.  This release schedule is actually a good thing for an investor, because these sets will only have a year release before they phase them out.  I'd suspect the majority of Force Awakens sets will be gone by the end of this year, then next year, Rogue One will be gone by the time Episode 8 arrives...  I think there's some good investment potential in these themes.

Definitely not a plus for those who have stock of these to sell. It's a win for me, as I won't have to pay $40 to $50 for one myself, but that's a really selfish perspective.

They've done this with the promotional polys before (VW camper bus) and not a single person around here complained FWIW. BUT it was the same product.

If packaging is new, then it's confirmation to me LEGO is continuing to be lazy and ride earlier profits. If it's the old stuff, they may be doing this on purpose (holding back some stock) to create interest at different times.

With double VIP and this promo, I'll be making a purchase or two but I'll bet it's going to wiped out right away by reseller scum and prices are going to drop like a rock to $15-20. Some sets will still be worth the purchase.

I think duel of naboo / Fates is OK for the price (assuming will be a £19.99 or 29.99) price. It also has 3 minfigs and the qui-gon jinn minifig does not appear in many previous small sets

I personally feel this is the best set out of the lot, could of been better but I don't think it is as bad as the recent carbon freezing chamber 

Edited by Mhd747