Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:17 AM, Rodeogeorge said:

Where is my bantha?

Ok.  I quoted myself but my Lego prayers have been answered.  Assuming this is true. 

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:07 PM, fossilrock said:

Hopefully this is in the set with the Tusken Raiders... A Bantha maxifig is a must!

6 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

Ok.  I quoted myself but my Lego prayers have been answered.  Assuming this is true. 

I think that's an image from a Lego Star Wars show or game. But if they made a boga or whatever it was, they COULD make this. Would have to be a big set to have a bigger box though.

47 minutes ago, Stud-Flipper said:

It really irritates me how LEGO will have some really epic Star Wars builds of various scenes and vehicles (as well as minifigures) in their video games, but will wait years before they ever actually release them in a set.

That's easy actually to explain why.  Almost all toys today are created in 3d on the computer.  So, that model is produced for animation, etc, and then after the 3d model is complete, they can migrate it to be produced at the factories.  Although, that process takes time and just isn't done with a snap of the fingers.  The 3d model is then digitally created (probably by 3d printing techniques, then they have to produce molds, then setup the manufacturing of it and then the ability to mass produce it.  

The 3d modeling process is the first step, and once that's done, video games and animated movies can easily use that within days after it's created.  It will take many months before actual real world lego prototypes are readied for production though..

I think it was a year or so before the Attack on Hoth set was put out, where we saw an animated film of the exact set.  That animation turned out to show the set that was about to come out.  I'm guessing this Bantha is very much in production.  It will be a little more than a year since that image of the lego bantha came out from some animated clip. Regardless, I think they could make a set similar to the cantina and have all the figures in there (luke, obi, c3po, 3x tusken raiders and a maxi bantha) and charge around 69.99.  They can just produce a landspeeder and a little rock cliff where the Sandpeople attacked Luke before Obi rescued him. 

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Will 4 said:

You can also find the images of the 5 sets and minifigures if you google "lego rogue one" and click on images.  They have not officially been released, so no posting them here until then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gobuffs98 said:

You can also find the images of the 5 sets and minifigures if you google "lego rogue one" and click on images.  They have not officially been released, so no posting them here until then.

Well this is the nearest thing to a set we can post

30 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Is Boba Fett in Rogue One?

Unknown.  Rumors were due to the Lego promotional slideshow at the Nuremberg Toy Fair last year, however there has been nothing else since, and no signs of him in any other rumors.  So, I suspect if he is, it won't be known until after the reviews start trickling in.

-----

Not sure how legit this is.....buit this is supposedly the Thrawn minifigure.thrawn.jpg

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Not sure how legit this is.....buit this is supposedly the Thrawn minifigure.

I really doubt it, but you never know, here is my own custom Thrawn from 2006, back when there weren't that many different figures and making "customs" was worth something...

image.jpeg

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, inversion said:

I don't think so, the title is the not canon anymore book. It looks like a custom fig. I doubt he would get this lame hair.

Thrawn is coming in Star Wars Rebels so he is canon (again).

The minifig in the picture above is custom made, I've seen it before a couple of times.

• Like 1

I don't get the appeal of a UCS Snowspeeder. It's such a physically insignificant vehicle to try to explode into an awkwardly sized 1500-2000+ piece UCS set. I'd much rather the title be reserved to the really large vehicles and scenes, where the extra detail can be fully appreciated. Like they might as well just go on and make a UCS Speederbike or Podracer, or even a droid S.T.A.P. for that matter. To me it's silly

Edited by Stud-Flipper
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stud-Flipper said:

I don't get the appeal of a UCS Snowspeeder. It's such a physically insignificant vehicle to try to explode into an awkwardly sized 1500-2000+ piece UCS set. I'd much rather the title be reserved to the really large vehicles and scenes, where the extra detail can be fully appreciated. Like they might as well just go on and make a UCS Speederbike or Podracer, or even a droid S.T.A.P. for that matter. To me it's silly

I would totally go for a UCS Speederbike. I'm actually really looking forward to the Snowspeeder, as is my normally-lukewarm-about-Lego husband (he likes anything Hoth related). 

It's preference! Snowspeeder is my favorite OT vehicle! I also like the Tie Bomber! Would love UCS of both! (Maybe I'm weird)

On 1/8/2016 at 1:56 AM, Stud-Flipper said:

Don't know where to put this, but it does mainly apply to Star Wars. I wish in future UCS sets, they include duplicate sticker sheets. It can be frustrating building a $300+ set, nervously applying stickers, knowing if it gets messed up, you have no extras.

Rather than duplicated stickers, I wish there were no stickers at all in any Lego set (specially in $300+ sets) , same as you don't expect any in a minifigure

Edited by Laudrup16
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I found this list of rumored sets on bouwsteentjes.info:

Star Wars

LEGO Star Wars 75125 Buildable Figure 
LEGO Star Wars 75124 Buildable Figure
LEGO Star Wars 75152 Buildable Figure
LEGO Star Wars 75160 Microfighter
LEGO Star Wars 75161 Microfighter
LEGO Star Wars 75162 Microfighter
LEGO Star Wars 75163 Microfighter
LEGO Star Wars 75164 Rogue One Rebel Battle Pack
LEGO Star Wars 75165 Rogue One Imperial Battle Pack
LEGO Star Wars 75168 Yoda’s Jedi Starfighter‎
LEGO Star Wars 75169 Landspeeder
LEGO Star Wars 75170 Phantom
LEGO Star Wars 75172  Rogue One 69.99
LEGO Star Wars 75173 Duel of the Fates 29.99
LEGO Star Wars 75174 Desert Skiff‎ 39.99
LEGO Star Wars 75179 ROTJ Lando Set

Not that I was expecting anything, but I wonder what "75170 Phantom" could be. After all, we just had 75048 which retired only recently. The set "75169 Landspeeder" could be bad news for people placing their bets on the Mos Eisley Cantina set (75052), myself included.

Edited by DarthBall

A couple of gaps in the numbers but no ISD or AT AT so far. As usual, the big guns will come out in 2H 2017.

We can expect around 20 SW sets to retire this winter, though. Predictably they will be the remaining 2015 models with the exception of MF and maybe Poe´s X wing.