Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

The only sets of the wave I have seen so far that interests me are the Republic Tank and Vader Transformation.  Rest are very forgettable and don't bring anything interesting to the table .  It's like Lego is trying to avoid remakes but TFA really didn't give much to work with.  I'm not sure what all the hub bub over the bounty hunters is though .  Nobody wants an army of Dengars or 4-Loms.  Buy once and forget for the most part .  However I really wish they added more clones in with the Tank .  Maybe there's still hope for a clone battle pack .  

2 hours ago, Rodeogeorge said:

I would like it if they never make a prequel set again.

Prequels and clone wars are going to be what the next generations of collectors coming out of their dark ages will look for .  Since those will most likely be a part of their childhood and actually have Wars and battles instead of character development and some action which said character finds them self in . Plus the OT is generally on a 3-4 year remake cycle ?  We see maybe 1-2 CW/prequel per wave now which I think means the remakes are gonna be on 5-6 year cycle at the soonest.  As a buyer /collector I would pick up another Dropship/AT-OT over three AT-ATs. 

Any thing PT I will bet on and go deep in. PT looks like it will be something Disney will avoid poking with a 5 yard stick. Things with battle droids apear to be going away with the clones currently and only avaiable in larger sets atm. Anyone who stocked in with the Vader series box's where there were tons of PT stuff are looking good across the board. 

I will think Disney will dry up their new movie line in 5 years and then will do something different so who knows, but now they will follow a marvel style movie setup. Remember their are kids that enjoy the PT when they were young.  They also enjoyed the Clone Wars. They are currently in college atm or starting with jobs and rent. You may hate PT but that does not mean all others follow your opinion and soon they might have cash and I look to have some of it. 

Edited by Armor
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, P38bam023 said:

Prequels and clone wars are going to be what the next generations of collectors coming out of their dark ages will look for .  Since those will most likely be a part of their childhood and actually have Wars and battles instead of character development and some action which said character finds them self in . Plus the OT is generally on a 3-4 year remake cycle ?  We see maybe 1-2 CW/prequel per wave now which I think means the remakes are gonna be on 5-6 year cycle at the soonest.  As a buyer /collector I would pick up another Dropship/AT-OT over three AT-ATs. 

Granted, it's a small sample size but as an owner of a 6 year old who has other 6 year old friends the debates are more around who gets to be Capt Rex v Grand Inquisitor during one of their many nerf battles.  SW Rebels reigns supreme in our household.

Edited by carini26
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Armor said:

Any thing PT I will bet on and go deep in. PT looks like it will be something Disney will avoid poking with a 5 yard stick. Things with battle droids apear to be going away with the clones currently and only avaiable in larger sets atm. Anyone who stocked in with the Vader series box's where there were tons of PT stuff are looking good across the board. 

I will think Disney will dry up their new movie line in 5 years and then will do something different so who knows, but now they will follow a marvel style movie setup. Remember their are kids that enjoy the PT when they were young.  They also enjoyed the Clone Wars. They are currently in college atm or starting with jobs and rent. You may hate PT but that does not mean all others follow your opinion and soon they might have cash and I look to have some of it. 

Roger roger.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2017 at 1:09 AM, Armor said:

I agree with this 100%.  The signs are already there.  Take the 2013 and 2014 sets as prime examples. 

The Republic Gunship, AT-TE, and have blown away many similar OT released sets.   The Republic Gunship currently sells for around 300 while you might get 150 for Jabbas Sail Barge.  Both were released the same year, and both retired at the same time. The AT-TE sits around 200.  Jedi interceptor is now around 70.00 when you could pick it up for around 20 in early 2015.  Meanwhile the A-wing is about 50.00.  In 2014, it's evident now I should have spent more time accumulating MTTs instead of Cantinas.  That sets rise has blown away sets like the Cantina, B-wing, and all the Jabba released sets from the OT era.  Just recently Obi's interceptor is outpacing the Hoth Attack and droid escape by quite a bit, and they all retired at the same time and cost the same amount.  While the AT-AT and ISD have done well and seen great gains, those are just two sets out of many.  In 2015, recently retired exclusives like the Battle Droid Carrier, and Hailfire droid are already rising quickly, much quicker than the OT sets, although the Jedi Duel is showing promising signs.

In the AFOL world, I think older gen-xers that grew up with the original Star Wars films are now a market that is decreasing in size, while the milennials are a growing market.  Seems fairly evident to me.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I agree with this 100%.  The signs are already there.  Take the 2013 and 2014 sets as prime examples. 

The Republic Gunship, AT-TE, and have blown away many similar OT released sets.   The Republic Gunship currently sells for around 300 while you might get 150 for Jabbas Sail Barge.  Both were released the same year, and both retired at the same time. The AT-TE sits around 200.  Jedi interceptor is now around 70.00 when you could pick it up for around 20 in early 2015.  Meanwhile the A-wing is about 50.00.  In 2014, it's evident now I should have spent more time accumulating MTTs instead of Cantinas.  That sets rise has blown away sets like the Cantina, B-wing, and all the Jabba released sets from the OT era.  Just recently Obi's interceptor is outpacing the Hoth Attack and droid escape by quite a bit, and they all retired at the same time and cost the same amount.  While the AT-AT and ISD have done well and seen great gains, those are just two sets out of many.  In 2015, recently retired exclusives like the Battle Droid Carrier, and Hailfire droid are already rising quickly, much quicker than the OT sets, although the Jedi Duel is showing promising signs.

In the AFOL world, I think older gen-xers that grew up with the original Star Wars films are now a market that is decreasing in size, while the milennials are a growing market.  Seems fairly evident to me.

I also believe the Rebels Tv show referencing things in the Clone Wars show is causing people like me, who never gave clone wars a chance, to go back and watch it on Netflix. I know several acquaintances doing same thing. we're all in our 30s-40s. I have been buying a lot of clone wars set recently too...

26 minutes ago, Aerros1 said:

I also believe the Rebels Tv show referencing things in the Clone Wars show is causing people like me, who never gave clone wars a chance, to go back and watch it on Netflix. I know several acquaintances doing same thing. we're all in our 30s-40s. I have been buying a lot of clone wars set recently too...

My son is 9 and he's been watching since he was 3 or so.  Still prefers them over the live action movies.

3 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

You can blame Disney for it.  After Disney bought Lucasfilm, they were not going to allow the flagship TV show from their $3 billion investment to air on a competing channel (Cartoon Network)

Oh I know it sucks. With as much money as Disney has already made off of Star Wars youd think that they could at very least give us the rest of the clone wars to show their appreciation. 

1 minute ago, California92563 said:

Oh I know it sucks. With as much money as Disney has already made off of Star Wars youd think that they could at very least give us the rest of the clone wars to show their appreciation. 

Too bad CW was associated so closely with PT and we all know how Disney treat PT stuffs :P

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Because of this post I checked to see what the Gunship and MTT I still have in my closet for personal builds are worth and found they are going for a combined $600 CDN on Amazon, both of which I picked up for 40% off MSRP. Had no idea they had climbed this much so I listed them. Don't worry about me, I'm quite content with the previous versions of these I already have and built. In the case of the MTT, the previous version is far better IMHO.

• Like 1

With this PT love in mind, I'm guessing of the current wave of sets we should be amassing the Turbo Tank, Droid Carrier, Maul's Sith Infiltrator, and even the spider droid for the true gamblers. Even the Rex's At-te might be worth a gamble. Yes it's a very customized version, but a walker it remains, and the ties to Rebels shouldn't hurt. The upcoming summer wave has no PT in it at all other than the Vader transformation and Naboo fight. Yoda's jedi ship was never actually seen in the PT

Edited by jeff_14

30 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

With this PT love in mind, I'm guessing of the current wave of sets we should be amassing the Turbo Tank, Droid Carrier, Maul's Sith Infiltrator, and even the spider droid for the true gamblers. Even the Rex's At-te might be worth a gamble. Yes it's a very customized version, but a walker it remains, and the ties to Rebels shouldn't hurt. The upcoming summer wave has no PT in it at all other than the Vader transformation and Naboo fight. Yoda's jedi ship was never actually seen in the PT

There is an Obi's episode 2 jedi straighter with hyperdrive booster ring that comes with a new updated version of young Boba Fett.  That set will be a good bet.  I also think the Republic Tank is a good bet, because it will have a jedi in it. 

The Droid Carrier is a no-brainer in my opinion.  That set is by far the best droid carrier made, and it's a great build.  I personally think it's the hidden gem of the 2015 waves.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fossilrock said:

There is an Obi's episode jedi straighter with hyperdrive booster ring that comes with a Young version of Boba Fett.  That set will be a good bet.  I also think the Republic Tank is a good bet, because it will have a jedi in it. 

Agree on the starfighter. I have the previous young Boba and he could use a fresher clone. I love the Republic Tank and have the old version, but this was never actually seen in the movies so I don't know who it will appeal to other than video game enthusiasts from a certain time.