Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, biking_tiger said:

It's twice as many pieces as the last stand-alone (358 vs 177). Not that it makes the price better...

For me, the A Wing is stuck in that awkward position where, based on pieces/minifigures, it's undervalued at $29.99 but too expensive at $39.99.  Why they refuse to price sets in $5 dollar increments once they cross $30 threshold is beyond me.  Especially now when the PPP continues to rise.  I think it would benefit them if they made the threshold $40 and priced some of these @ $34.99 (looking at you Tie Advanced, Anakin's Custom Starfighter).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KShine said:

Just be happy that Disney didn't insist on having a woman play Han Solo.

I dunno... Hannah Solo would have probably ignited an entire new following of Gen Z'ers who otherwise thought the OT movies were in black & white.

hannah.jpg

Edited by carini26
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, carini26 said:

For me, the A Wing is stuck in that awkward position where, based on pieces/minifigures, it's undervalued at $29.99 but too expensive at $39.99.  Why they refuse to price sets in $5 dollar increments once they cross $30 threshold is beyond me.  Especially now when the PPP continues to rise.  I think it would benefit them if they made the threshold $40 and priced some of these @ $34.99 (looking at you Tie Advanced, Anakin's Custom Starfighter).

The Clayface figure is one case that I know where it was in the 5.00 increment range over 30.  But, I agree that seems to be rare.  34.99 for that set seems a bit more fair.  But, it does feel overvalued at 40.00.

28 minutes ago, carini26 said:

I dunno... Hannah Solo would have probably ignited an entire new following of Gen Z'ers who otherwise thought the OT movies were in black & white.

hannah.jpg

I am also surprised that this isn't the case.  Although, i'm sure Daenerys Targaryen will actually be the "real hero" of the film, and Han Solo her sidekick, with Chewy reduced to basically the Pluto of the trio.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

Now my interest is piqued.  I liked the 2013 version, and I love A-Wings in general.  I'm a little more curious as to the extra piece count now.

It does look similar to the one in 75150 (A-Wing vs. TIE Advanced), but there are noticeable differences. I'll pick one up to build at discount--I've always liked the A-Wing, too. 

4 hours ago, biking_tiger said:

In other words, run. Run away now. 

The pieces in the Landspeeder are pretty intriguing. There's some good Dark Red and Flesh pieces in new colors or that were previously harder to find. I threw the set in brickstock and saw that the average part value was about 2.5X retail right now. It'll probably go down. None of the minifigures are exclusive, but just the fact that you can get the new Death Star's Luke at a fairly cheap price is good.

Just like most of everyone else on here, picking up the A-Wing for my personal collection if it's on sale (this week). I need the Lando figure and intend to have a small fleet of A-Wings with the three being released since 2013. The 2013 A-Wing was one of my first 3rd party purchases coming out of the dark ages. Picked it up for RRP back in 2015 :)

28 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Just like most of everyone else on here, picking up the A-Wing for my personal collection if it's on sale (this week). I need the Lando figure and intend to have a small fleet of A-Wings with the three being released since 2013. The 2013 A-Wing was one of my first 3rd party purchases coming out of the dark ages. Picked it up for RRP back in 2015 :)

It's 20% off RRP at TRU.com right now.  It would meet the free shipping criteria too... 

I did download the instructions on bricklink, trying to figure if I could just grab a few pieces to modify the 2013 version, and its significally different to where you might as well just buy the set.  The build is also much better and id say it's easily the best version yet. 

The Landspeeder and new Desert Skiff are the same way with each being the better versions.  I have yet to buy either, but i'm tempted to just buy the new a-wing at the discount.  I'm sure we might see this cheaper next years presidents day clearance, but by just 5.00 or so. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Love the idea that a battle pack can just be a collection of a theme(bounty hunters in this case) instead of just "bad generic guys" vs "good generic guys".   If they would start making these as more companion packs to add named figures that we don't have to the Lego SW universe it would be great.  Make a Mos Eisley "battle pack" with characters we haven't gotten yet like the Imperial Spy, cantina aliens, etc.  I like army builders as well, but a curveball like this one is great to add new figures to collections without lego forcing out a terrible set that makes no sense just to throw in an exclusive figure.

• Like 3